This homemade alfredo sauce with cream cheese is absolutely delicious! Delivering the perfect consistency, it’s creamy, rich and delightfully comforting. If you’ve been searching for the best alfredo sauce recipe, this is it!
- 1 stick (8 tablespoons) unsalted butter
- 1 pint (2 cups) heavy whipping cream
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh garlic, pressed or finely diced
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 1/3 cup Romano cheese, finely grated
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- Optional garnishes: chopped parsley, shaved Parmesan cheese, freshly-ground black pepper
- Suggested pasta: one 12-ounce package of fettuccini noodles
- In a medium or large saucepan, whisk together the butter, heavy cream, and cream cheese over medium heat.
- Once the sauce is smooth and thick, add in the garlic, salt and pepper. Whisk to combine.
- Add in the two types of cheeses: Parmesan and Reggio. Whisk until fully incorporated.
- Add in one tablespoon of chopped parsley. Lightly whisk again.
- Your homemade alfredo sauce is ready to enjoy with your favorite pasta. Garnish as desired. Enjoy!
This homemade alfredo sauce recipe is enough to cover one 12-ounce package of fettuccine noodles.
- Category: Lunch, Dinner, Potluck
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: homemade alfredo sauce, homemade alfredo, best alfredo sauce, alfredo sauce with cream cheese, fettuccini alfredo, best alfredo sauce recipe