This homemade Italian dressing is bright, zesty and flavorful with the perfect balance of herbs and spices. It’s a quick easy recipe that tastes 100% better than store-bought.
- 3/4 cup virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice, freshly-squeezed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, finely-grated
- In a wide-mouth jar, add olive oil, red wine vinegar, and lemon juice. Mix until well combined.
- Add granulated sugar and all of the dried herbs and spices. Whisk until well blended. Add the Parmesan cheese. Whisk until fully combined.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours before serving. This will allow time for the dried spices to soften, and for the flavors to meld together.
How to swap fresh herbs for dried: The general rule for swapping fresh herbs for dried is upping the measurement by 1/3. Here’s an example: for 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano, substitute 1/2 tablespoon freshly-chopped oregano.
Serving size of Italian dressing: About 2 tablespoons. One cup of dressing yields 8 servings.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Category: Salad Dressing
- Method: Mixing
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: salad dressing, homemade Italian dressing, Italian salad dressing recipe