This fresh homemade Italian dressing is very simple to make! With just a few basic ingredients you can make this delicious recipe that tastes 100% better than a bottle of store-bought dressing.
- 3/4 cup virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice, freshly-squeezed
- 1 + 1/2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons freshly-grated Parmesan cheese
- In a wide-top salad dressing pitcher or mason jar, add the virgin olive oil, red wine vinegar, and fresh lemon juice. Mix the ingredients together with a small whisk.
- Add the granulated sugar, sea salt, black pepper, and all of the spices. Whisk until well blended. Add the finely-grated Parmesan cheese. Whisk until all ingredients are fully combined.
- Refrigerate the Italian dressing for two hours before serving. This will give the ingredients a chance to meld together beautifully, and the dried spices can soften up a bit. Enjoy!
- Category: Lunch, Dinner, Party
- Method: By hand
- Cuisine: Italian, American
Keywords: salad dressing, homemade Italian dressing, Italian salad dressing recipe