A delicious, flaky homemade pie crust is so incredibly special. Today I’m sharing my pie crust recipe that brings me down memory lane.
- 2 + 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons (one stick) unsalted butter*, chilled and chopped
- 6 tablespoons shortening, chilled and chopped
- 6 tablespoons ice water
- Add flour, sugar and salt to the main container of your food processor. Pulse twice to mix.
- Add butter and shortening to the container and pulse a few short times to combine. Do not over mix.
- Add 6 tablespoons ice water to the container and continue pulsing until the dough just starts holding together. This happens pretty quickly. Do not over mix!
- Transfer the dough to a lightly floured board and gather it into a ball. Place the ball into a Ziplock bag and chill it in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Roll out your dough on a board covered with two pieces of overlapping waxed paper. Place pie plate upside down on top of the dough. Place one hand on the bottom of the pie plate and slip your other hand underneath the waxed paper and pie dough. Flip the pie dough into the pie plate. Crimp the edges as desired.
- Your homemade pie crust is ready to go!
- If using salted butter, reduce the salt from 1 teaspoon to 3/4 teaspoon and you’re ready to go.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American, French
Keywords: homemade pie crust, pie crust recipe, best pie crust