There’s something so luscious and special about homemade whipped cream. It looks and tastes so much better than the sprayed whipped cream that comes from the nozzle of a can.
- 4 cups (1 quart) heavy whipping cream*
- 4 tablespoons powdered sugar**
- 1 tablespoon pure Mexican vanilla (or vanilla extract)
- Chill a large metal mixing bowl and whisk in the freezer for 20-30 minutes.
- Add all three ingredients to the mixing bowl.
- Starting with a low speed, begin whisking the ingredients. Gradually increase the speed higher. Whip until soft peaks begin to form. This usually takes about three minutes or so. Keep a close eye on the bowl as it’s important to not over whip the mixture. If it’s over whipped your homemade whipping cream will fall flat.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
*Heavy whipping cream is the exact same thing as “heavy cream”.
**Powdered sugar is the exact same thing as “confectioners sugar”.
- Category: Dessert, Garnish
- Method: Mixer
- Cuisine: American, French, Italian
Keywords: whipped cream, homemade whipped cream, how to make whipped cream