This is the BEST 10-minute hot fudge recipe for a thick, rich, decadent dessert topping. Spoon it over ice cream, brownies, waffles and more! It’s the ultimate chocolate sauce.
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips (a high-quality brand like Guittard)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 pinch of salt (optional)
- Add the chocolate chips, granulated sugar, sweetened condensed milk, heavy cream, and a pinch of salt (optional) to a small saucepan set over medium heat.
- Stirring often, cook the fudge until the chocolate has melted (about 3 minutes). Stirring constantly, cook until the hot fudge sauce begins to boil and thickens enough to coat the back of a spoon (about 7 minutes). Remove the pan from heat. Stir in the vanilla extract.
- Transfer hot fudge to a heat-safe bowl with a spoon for serving. Store any leftover fudge in an airtight container (like a mason jar with lid) and refrigerate up to 2 weeks.
WHY SALT IN HOT FUDGE? Salt is a natural flavor enhancer that balances the flavor of chocolate. It accentuates sweetness while tamping down bitterness.
HOW TO STORE HOT FUDGE SAUCE: Transfer room temperature hot fudge to an airtight container (like a mason jar with lid) and refrigerate up to 2 weeks.
- Prep Time: 0 Minutes
- Cook Time: 10 Minutes
- Category: Desserts
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Hot Fudge Recipe, Hot Fudge, Hot Fudge Sauce Recipe, Homemade Hot Fudge, Homemade Hot Fudge Sauce