This hot spinach artichoke dip recipe is super scrumptious! If you’ve been searching for the perfect Game Day appetizer, look no further. This easy spinach artichoke dip will have your taste buds dancing. Your guests are going to love it. And the great part? You can make this tasty recipe in 25 minutes flat. But what makes this artichoke dip truly special is that it’s made with fresh spinach rather than a wet box of frozen spinach that needs defrosting.
Ingredients for Hot Spinach Artichoke Dip Recipe
These are the ingredients you’ll need to make this spinach artichoke dip recipe from scratch: fresh garlic, olive oil, a one-pound package of fresh spinach leaves, 1/2 teaspoon of red pepper flakes, salt and pepper to taste, marinated artichoke hearts, one 8-ounce block of cream cheese, mozzarella cheese, sour cream, Parmesan cheese, and lemon juice. Are you ready to get cooking?
How to Make Hot Spinach Artichoke Dip
To make hot spinach artichoke dip, begin by prepping all the ingredients in advance so everything’s ready to go. In a medium-sized pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add in the pressed garlic. With a wooden spoon, stir constantly for about 20 seconds or until the garlic has softened up. Add one handful of freshly-chopped spinach to the pot. Stir, stir, stir until the spinach has wilted. Continue adding in one handful of spinach at a time until all the spinach has been added to the pot. Add a bit of seasoning: a pinch of salt, some freshly-ground black pepper, and the red pepper flakes. Continue to stir the spinach until it has completely wilted, and most of the liquid rendered with this process has been evaporated. Add the marinated artichokes to the pot and cook briefly.
Reduce the heat to low. Add in the cream cheese and mozzarella cheese. With a heat-resistant spatula, stir the mixture until both cheeses have been fully melted and incorporated. Fold in the sour cream, Parmesan cheese and lemon juice. Turn off the heat. Sample the mixture. If needed, add more salt and pepper to taste. Transfer the hot spinach artichoke dip to an appetizer-sized baking dish. (Optional: For even more cheesiness, you can add some additional shredded mozzarella cheese on top before placing it in the oven.) Broil the artichoke dip in the oven for about 5-6 minutes or until the dip begins to bubble up and the top has just started to turn a beautiful light-golden brown. Serve immediately.
The Best Hot Spinach Artichoke Dip
The aroma in your kitchen will be so delightful! Once you taste this yummy appetizer I’m sure you’ll agree – this is the best spinach artichoke dip you’ve ever had. Although it tastes best when served hot or warm, you can also serve it room temperature or cold.
I enjoy serving hot spinach artichoke dip along with thin slices of baguette that have been lightly-buttered and oven-toasted. Today I felt fancy and chose two types of baguettes – basic white and multi-grain. Because I like to mix things up, I included some crispy tortilla strips in the offerings.
To provide additional dipping options, you can serve this easy spinach artichoke dip with a variety of your favorite crackers. Here I’ve chosen multi-grain crackers, table water crackers, and buttery crackers. Before serving, you can take a spoon or fork and mix up the dip to show off its creamy consistency.
Easy Spinach Artichoke Dip
A fun stylish option: garnish your savory artichoke dip with a few crispy baguette slices placed in the middle.
Here’s one last look at this tasty, easy spinach artichoke dip! Who will get the first bite of yours?
Kitchen Favorites for Making and Serving Spinach Artichoke Dip
Today I prepared this delicious hot spinach artichoke dip using my white 5-quart Staub Cocotte. I purchased mine at Williams Sonoma, but you can pick up yours right online through Amazon. When selecting serving dishes go for a beautiful splash of color! Not all of your dishes and serveware need to match. Branch out! It’s fun and have several unique, eye-catching pieces that are real conversation starters.
Hot Spinach Artichoke Dip Recipe
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large clove of garlic, pressed or finely minced
- 1 16-ounce package of fresh spinach leaves, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Sea salt, to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper, to taste
- 22 ounces of marinated quartered artichoke hearts, chopped
- 1 8-ounce block of cream cheese, chopped into small cubes
- 5-ounces of mozzarella cheese, finely torn or shredded
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Optional: Additional shredded mozzarella cheese for sprinkling on top
- Toasted baguette slices, tortilla strips, and/or crackers
- In a medium-sized pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add in the pressed garlic and stir for about 20 seconds or until the garlic has softened.
- Add one handful of freshly-chopped spinach to the pot. Stir, stir, stir until the spinach has wilted. Continue adding in one handful of spinach at a time until all the spinach has been added to the pot. Add a pinch of salt, some freshly-ground black pepper, and the red pepper flakes. Continue to stir the spinach until it has completely wilted, and the majority of liquid rendered with this process has been evaporated. Add the chopped marinated artichoke hearts to the pot and cook briefly.
- Reduce the heat to low. Add in the cream cheese and mozzarella cheese. Stir the mixture until both cheeses have been fully melted and incorporated.
- Fold in the sour cream, Parmesan cheese and lemon juice. Turn off the heat. Sample the mixture. If needed, add more salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer the hot dip to an appetizer-sized baking dish. (Optional: For more cheesiness, sprinkle additional shredded mozzarella cheese on top of the dip before broiling.) Broil the artichoke dip in the oven for about 5-6 minutes or until the dip is bubbly and the top is a light-golden brown.
- Serve hot or warm with toasted baguette slices, tortilla strips or crackers.
Courses Appetizer, Snack, Potluck, Party
HOT SPINACH ARTICHOKE DIP RECIPE > PIN IT TO PINTEREST
Save this easy recipe for spinach artichoke dip for later!
OTHER DELICIOUS APPETIZER RECIPES
GET MORE RECIPE INSPIRATION HERE >> FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST
HOT SPINACH ARTICHOKE DIP RECIPE > YOUR THOUGHTS
Do you have a favorite game-day appetizer? What do you think about this delicious hot artichoke dip? I’d love to hear your thoughts in the comments below!