This easy huevos rancheros recipe will have your taste buds dancing with delight. Featuring vibrant Mexican colors and flavors, eggs ranchero are literally a fiesta on a plate! Enjoy this healthy breakfast recipe any day of the week.
- 4–8 corn tortillas (1 single or 2 stacked tortillas per serving)
- 2–4 tablespoons olive oil or vegetable oil
- 1 –1/3 cups vegetarian refried beans (canned)
- 4 tablespoons hot sauce (or enchilada sauce)
- 2 tablespoons fire-roasted diced green chilies (canned)
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup pico de gallo, store bought or homemade
- 4 tablespoons goat cheese (or cotija cheese)
- 1 large Haas avocado
- Sea salt and freshly-ground black pepper, to taste
- Optional: Crushed red pepper flakes
- Garnishes: Lime slices, red onion, sprigs of cilantro
- *In a small frying pan over medium heat, add 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil. When the oil shimmers, fry corn tortillas until they reach desired crispness. Transfer tortillas to individual plates.
- Evenly spread refried beans over the surface of each tortilla.
- Drizzle hot sauce over the beans. Add a spoonful of diced green chilies.
- Fry huevos sunny-side up. Transfer an egg to each prepared tortilla.
- Spoon pico de gallo over the egg whites.
- Garnish huevos rancheros with avocado slices and a light sprinkling of Mexican cheese.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste. If desired, sprinkle with crushed red pepper flakes.
*ANOTHER OPTION: Rather than frying the tortillas, you can simply warm them on a Mexican comal or a pancake griddle.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: Huevos Rancheros, Huevos Rancheros Recipe, Easy Huevos Rancheros Recipe, Eggs Ranchero, Huevos, How to make huevos rancheros