There’s something truly special about making your own ice cream floats at home. And when you’re entertaining guests, it’s fun to have each person scoop their own ice cream, select a soda pop flavor and create their own.
- Vanilla ice cream
- Carbonated soda pop, orange soda, root beer, blue cream soda, red cream soda
- Maraschino cherries with stems
- Optional garnish: whipped cream
- Open a bottle of brightly-colored soda pop. Pour 1/3 of the soda into a tall ice cream glass.
- Scoop vanilla ice cream and add it on top of the soda in the ice cream glass.
- Continue to layer the ice cream and soda until the glass is full to the top and frothy.
- Garnish your ice cream float with a Maraschino cherry. To make it extra special, top with both whipped cream and a cherry! An optional garnish for Blue Ocean ice cream floats are red Swedish Fish gummies.
- Serve your ice cream float with a paper straw and a long-handled ice cream spoon.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: By hand
- Cuisine: American, Italian
Keywords: ice cream float, ice cream float recipe