All fans of Iced Vanilla Latte Starbucks will love this easy recipe! Don’t head to the coffee shop to satisfy a craving for this cool summer drink. Save money and time. Make this icy beverage at home in just 5 minutes!
Drinking a hot cup of Joe on a warm summer day is not a refreshing thought. When the weather heats up it’s time to switch gears. Grab a tall glass and a long metal straw. Make this cool iconic Starbucks drink!
Assemble the BEST iced vanilla latte recipe with a few staple ingredients you may already have on hand!
- Brown sugar
- Espresso or strong-brewed coffee
- Milk or cream (any kind)
- Pure vanilla extract
- Ice cubes
KITCHEN SMARTS: In order to reproduce the flavors of an Iced Vanilla Latte Starbucks, it’s important to use high-quality ingredients. A high-end coffee-house result cannot be expected if using mediocre ingredients.
USE ESPRESSO INSTANT COFFEE
Although grinding your own beans will provide the freshest flavor, you can make this recipe super fast and easy with espresso instant coffee. Try this top-rated gourmet brand: Medaglia D’Oro Italian Roast.
This convenient product has a strong, rich, beautiful flavor. It’s very close to real hand-drawn espresso. All that’s needed to prep it is a cup of hot water! It gives this iced latte that special coffee-house taste we all know and love.
HOMEMADE VANILLA COFFEE SYRUP
For occasional servings of iced vanilla latte, this simple recipe is absolutely perfect! It’s quicker and faster than driving out to Starbucks or Peet’s Coffee to snag a cup of this icy summer drink.
However, if you find yourself making this beverage often, or you want to prep it for a large group, here are some great tips for doing that.
- BATCHING THIS RECIPE: For parties and gatherings, I recommend assembling a batch of vanilla sweetener in advance. It’ll make drink assembly super quick. Use the easy recipe below.
- HOMEMADE VANILLA COFFEE SYRUP RECIPE: In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, combine 1 1/2 cups brown sugar, 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar, and 1 3/4 cups water. Bring mixture to a boil then reduce heat to low. Cook, stirring frequently, until sugar has dissolved. Remove pan from heat. Stir in 2 tablespoons vanilla extract.
- HOW TO STORE HOMEMADE VANILLA SYRUP: Once cooled, transfer syrup to a bottle or jar with a tight-fitting lid. Store it in the fridge until ready to use. It’ll stay nice and fresh for up to 1 week.
BEST BOTTLED VANILLA SYRUP
A big-name coffee house uses Monin vanilla syrup to make iced vanilla latte. It’s smooth custard-like vanilla flavor and distinct aroma is the best choice for flavoring. For easy measuring, add a pump to the bottle.
NOTE ABOUT MONIN: Once opened, a bottle of Monin will only stay fresh for 30 to 60 days. So this option is for coffee lovers that make iced vanilla latte often. To extend the shelf life a little bit longer, store it in the fridge.
iced vanilla latte recipe
Recreate your favorite coffee-house drink with ease! Gather the ingredients together. Prep the espresso.
Here’s how to assemble this tasty drink:
- STEP 1: Sprinkle light-brown sugar into a tall glass.
- STEP 2: Pour hot espresso over the sugar. Stir well until sugar has completely dissolved.
- STEP 3: Add vanilla extract. Stir briefly to combine.
- STEP 4: Fill the glass with ice. Pour milk or cream over the top. Stir gently with a spoon and enjoy.
KITCHEN SMARTS: The measurements listed for this recipe are for a bold robust coffee. If assembling this drink with a mild-flavored coffee, use less brown sugar and vanilla. Let the flavor of the coffee shine through.
TIPS AND FAQ
It’s an aromatic, rich-tasting, espresso-based drink combined with milk (and often sweetener) and served over ice.
Use non-fat milk and a sugar-free sweetener, like MONIN SUGAR-FREE VANILLA SYRUP.
One of the tastiest vanilla extracts comes from Mexico. It’s a product they’re well known for. When tourists travel to Mexico, a top gift and souvenir choice: bottles of MEXICAN VANILLA EXTRACT.
Any type of milk can be used! Options include Macadamia Milk, Oat Milk Barista Blend (texture is similar to dairy milk), Almond Milk Barista Blend (easy to foam), Soy Milk Barista Series.
Use 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract, 2 teaspoons maple syrup, a pinch of salt, plus 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice. Top off the drink with a generous dollop of dairy whipped cream or coconut whipped cream.
Add milk to a mason jar (no more than 1/3 full). Secure lid. Shake vigorously. Or pour milk into a blender. Process on high for 25 seconds or until milk foams. Immediately pour frothy milk over iced drink.
MORE COOL SUMMER DRINKS
Get ready to relax around the pool with drink in hand. Cool down this summer with delicious non-alcoholic beverages. They’re ideal for parties and warm-weather entertaining. Add them to your recipe arsenal!
rate this recipe ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Guests at a recent gathering were absolutely amazed with this copycat recipe for Iced Vanilla Latte Starbucks! It reproduces the rich, creamy, subtly-sweet flavors of the original Starbucks classic.
If you enjoyed this refreshing summer drink, give it a 5-star rating in the comments! And share this easy recipe with a friend.Print
Make Iced Vanilla Latte Starbucks at home in just 5 minutes! All you need for this refreshing drink: ice, rich coffee, sweetener (brown sugar + vanilla), and a lavish splash of milk!
- 1 tablespoon light-brown sugar, or to taste
- 4 ounces (1/2 cup) espresso or strong-brewed coffee
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup whole milk or cream
- 1 cup ice, or enough to fill the glass
- Sprinkle light-brown sugar into a tall glass.
- Pour hot espresso over the sugar. Stir well until sugar has completely dissolved.
- Add vanilla extract. Stir briefly to combine.
- Fill the glass with ice. Pour milk or cream over the top. Stir gently with a spoon and enjoy.
HOW TO MAKE FROTHING MILK FOR ICED COFFEE: Add milk to a mason jar (no more than 1/3 full). Secure lid. Shake vigorously. Or pour milk into a blender. Process on high for 25 seconds or until milk foams. Immediately pour frothy milk over iced drink. Sip and enjoy!
NON-DAIRY MILK OPTIONS FOR ICED LATTE: Any type of milk can be used! Options include Macadamia Milk, Oat Milk Barista Blend (texture is similar to dairy milk), Almond Milk Barista Blend (easy to foam), Soy Milk Barista Series.
- Category: Drinks
- Method: Stirring
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Iced Latte, Iced Vanilla Latte, Iced Vanilla Latte Starbucks
ICED VANILLA LATTE > JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Are you a coffee lover who enjoys icy summertime drinks? Do you find yourself running out to Peet’s Coffee or Starbucks to satisfy a craving? What do you think of this iced latte recipe? Share your thoughts below!