Jalapeno pimento cheese is deeply comforting. Make this delicious southern recipe in 15 minutes. Enjoy it as a decadent sandwich spread, or serve it as a tasty dip. It’s irresistible!
- 1 8-oz block cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup Duke’s Mayonnaise (or Best Foods Mayo)
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 3 cups sharp (or medium) cheddar cheese
- 1 4-oz jar diced pimentos, drained
- 1 jalapeno pepper (or for more heat, 1 serrano pepper)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
KITCHEN EQUIPMENT: For creamy jalapeno pimento cheese, we’re using a food processor. But if you don’t have this tool, no worries. Combine the ingredients in a stand mixer, or in a mixing bowl with a wooden spoon.
RECIPE PREP: Shred the cheese. Cut off jalapeno stem. Slice the pepper in half. Remove and discard the seeds and veins. Finely mince the jalapeno. Wash your hands to remove oils from the chili.
HOW TO MAKE PIMENTO CHEESE
- In the bowl of a food processor fitted with a steel blade, add the cream cheese and mayonnaise. Pulse until smooth.
- Add garlic powder, and onion powder, and smoked paprika. Pulse briefly to combine.
- Add shredded cheddar cheese. Pulse until it reaches the desired consistency. Some prefer it chunky. Others prefer it creamy and smooth.
- Add drained pimentos and minced jalapenos. We want these last 2 ingredients to retain their texture. Either remove the steel blade and fold them into the mixture with a spatula, or pulse briefly to combine. Sprinkle in salt and pepper to taste.
SERVING TEMPERATURE: When making sandwiches or tortilla roll-ups, use freshly-made pimento cheese spread at room temperature. If enjoying the mixture as jalapeno pimento cheese dip, refrigerate before serving.
HOW LONG DOES PIMENTO CHEESE SPREAD LAST? If transferred to an air-tight container and refrigerated, it will retain a good texture for up to 5 days.
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 0 Minutes
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: No-Bake
- Cuisine: American, Southern
Keywords: Jalapeno Pimento Cheese, Pimento Cheese, Pimento Cheese Spread, Pimento Cheese Dip