This buttery Jiffy cornbread is extra special! Made with sour cream, it’s moist and tender with the perfect crumb. Enjoy it for the holidays and all year round. Add it to your recipe arsenal!
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup (2 sticks) salted butter
- 1 cup (8 oz) sour cream
- 5 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 boxes Jiffy corn muffin mix
Grease baking pan(s) with butter. Adjust oven rack to the middle position. Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Crack eggs into a large batter bowl. Whisk well.
- Add sour cream, melted butter and sugar. Mix until fully combined.
- Add Jiffy corn muffin mix to the bowl. Stir until combined, but don’t over-mix. The batter will be slightly lumpy, and that’s okay!
- Transfer batter to prepared baking pan(s).
- In a convection oven, bake 35-40 minutes or until top is golden and the center’s cooked through. For a conventional oven, bake 50 to 55 minutes. After the first 15 to 25 minutes of baking time, or once a crust has firmly formed on the top, tent the baking dish with foil to prevent over-browning.
BEST PAN SIZES FOR THIS RECIPE: For cornbread with a nice tall height, use an 8 x 8-inch baker. For shorter pieces, or to stretch this recipe to achieve more servings, use a 9 x 13-inch baker. If making muffins, use a 12-well muffin pan.
EXPERT TIP: If you only have 1 box of Jiffy on hand, you can still make this cornbread recipe. Just cut the ingredients in half, and use an 8 x 8-inch pan. Bake 18-20 minutes, or until the top is golden and the middle is cooked through.
- Category: Bread
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Southern, American
Keywords: Jiffy Cornbread