Scrumptious loaded baked potato salad is the perfect side dish for potlucks, BBQs, camping trips, and 4th of July celebrations. This yummy potato salad is destined to become one of your favorite go-to recipes!
- 6 pounds Russet potatoes
- 3–4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 + 1/4 cups mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon sea salt (plus a few sprinkles more!)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 + 1/2 pounds thick-cut butcher’s bacon, cooked and coarsely chopped
- 5–6 green onions, chopped
- 2 cups medium cheddar cheese, shredded
- Move oven rack to middle position. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- With a potato brush, scrub potatoes clean under running water. Dry off potatoes with a dish towel.
- Using a fork, pierce potatoes 3-4 times on each side and transfer to a baking tray. Brush all sides of the potatoes with olive oil.
- Bake the potatoes for approximately 45 minutes until tender. You’ll know they’re done when you can run a knife straight through the potatoes without resistance.
- On the baking tray, cut each potato into four pieces to allow steam to escape. Allow potatoes to cool for 10 minutes. Using a knife and your fingertips, remove the potato skins.
- Cut potatoes into bite-size pieces and transfer to a large mixing bowl. For a beautiful flavor, sprinkle the cooled potatoes with apple cider vinegar.
- In a small mixing bowl blend the mayonnaise, sour cream, salt and pepper together with a spatula.
- Pour wet mixture over the potatoes. Using a spatula gently fold in the mixture.
- Gently fold in remaining ingredients: bacon, green onions and cheddar cheese.
- Refrigerate for 1-2 hours before serving. Enjoy!
Perfect for picnics, potlucks, BBQs and 4th of July.
- Prep Time: 45 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Side Dish, Potluck, Summer
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: loaded baked potato salad, potato salad, potato salad recipe