This loaded cream cheese dip is irresistible! Creamy, melty and savory, this luscious cracker dip is an all-time favorite. Serve it during the holidays, at Game Day festivities, and for wine-and-cheese parties. It’s so darn good!
- 1 box RITZ Family Size Crackers, for serving
- 1 8-oz block Philadelphia cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cups shredded medium cheddar cheese (see Expert Tips below!)
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese (or Pepper Jack)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon Chipotle powder (or chili powder)
- 3–4 tablespoons diced fire-roasted green chilies (from a can), drained
- 7 individual RITZ Crackers, crushed
- 6 slices thick-cut bacon, cooked until crispy and crumbled
- 1–2 green onions, chopped
RECIPE PREP: Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium bowl, mix cream cheese, mayo, shredded cheeses, and chipotle powder. With a spatula, fold in the fire-roasted green chilies.
- Transfer the cheese mixture to a small baking dish. Sprinkle cracker crumbs over the top. Bake for 15 minutes or until heated through.
- Garnish with chopped bacon and green onions. Serve this loaded cream cheese dip while it’s warm and melty!
EXPERT TIPS FOR CREAM CHEESE DIP
- HOW TO SOFTEN CREAM CHEESE: Remove cream cheese from foil packaging. Place it on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave the block on high power for 15-18 seconds.
- USE A BOX GRATER TO SHRED THE CHEESE! When making this cheese dip recipe, I highly recommend shredding your own good-quality cheddar and Jack cheeses. Packaged shredded cheese has a cellulose coating which keeps the individual pieces separated so they don’t clump together. While perfect for other recipes (like sprinkling on tacos), the coating on pre-shredded cheese is not ideal for melting. It can turn this beautifully-textured dip into a greasy hot mess!
- CAN CREAM CHEESE DIP BE FROZEN? This is not recommended. Freezing this dish will change the texture of the cream cheese. Instead of smooth, dense and creamy, this cracker dip will be grainy and crumbly with some noticeable ice crystal formations.
- MAKE-AHEAD RECIPE INSTRUCTIONS: This cheese dip is an ideal make-ahead appetizer. Assemble ingredients as outlined in the first 2 recipe steps. Add mixture to a freezer-to-oven baking dish, cover and refrigerate. Cook and chop bacon in advance and refrigerate. When you’re ready to serve the dip, sprinkle cracker crumbs over the top and bake at 350°F for 20 minutes, or until heated. Add bacon bits during the final 5-8 minutes of baking. Garnish with chopped green onion.
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Cheese Dip, Cream Cheese Dip, Cracker Dip