Celebrate summer with this special adults-only Margarita fruit dip! Now you and your guests can enjoy the festive flavor of a delicious lime Margarita in the form of a yummy appetizer. If you’re a regular visitor to my blog you know I’m from sunny California but spend part of the year on the Pacific coast of Mexico where Margaritas flow as easily as a cool summer breeze. Catch my vacation-mode vibe with this fabulous tropical recipe!
Margarita Fruit Dip Ingredients
These are the delicious ingredients for this fabulous Margarita fruit dip recipe: room-temperature cream cheese, vanilla-honey yogurt, organic agave nectar, fresh lime juice, reposado tequila, Grand Marnier, flaky sea salt, Margarita salt for rimming, and slices of lime and/or lime zest for garnishing.
Recipe for Margarita Fruit Dip
Begin by whipping the cream cheese in the bowl of a stand mixer. Once the texture is creamy and smooth, add in the yogurt and agave nectar. Blend until just mixed.
Fruit Dip for Adults 21+
Add in the the juice of a small lime, tequila, Grand Marnier, and sea salt. Blend until incorporated. Transfer the mixture to a small bowl, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until serving time. The longer the fruit dip sits in the fridge, the more time it has to thicken up nicely to a gently firm, fluffy whipped consistency rather than just being smooth and creamy. This is an excellent make-ahead fruit dip. It will stay fresh for three to four days, possibly longer – I just haven’t been able to keep it around for longer than that time frame to experiment. It gets gobbled way too quickly!
Rim a Margarita Glass with Salt
When you’re ready to serve the fruit dip, simply prepare a salted Margarita glass. Here’s how to rim a Margarita glass with salt: first dip the rim of the glass into a saucer filled with two tablespoons of lime juice. Then dip the glass into Margarita salt. That’s all there is to it!
Fruit Dip Recipe
With a spatula, transfer the Margarita fruit dip into the salted Margarita glass. Garnish your appetizer with a sprinkling of lime zest along with two slices of lime.
How to Serve Cream Cheese Fruit Dip
Serve your cream cheese fruit dip along with your favorite fruit.
Best Types of Fruit to Serve with Fruit Dip
Today I served mine with short skewers of grapes and blueberries, and skewers of strawberries, oranges, bananas and blackberries. But you can mix things up by adding chunks of pineapple and slices of kiwi, or by swapping out the strawberries for raspberries.
Fruit Dip Appetizer
Your Margarita fruit dip appetizer is perfect for 4th of July backyard BBQs. Just label the fruit dip as adults only! Or if you decide to skip the alcohol completely, simply replace it with an additional tablespoon of lime juice. This year I’ll be incorporating reusable cutlery and cloth napkins into my festive serving table set-up.
Kitchen Tools and Serveware for Margarita Fruit Dip
Whip up creamy Margarita fruit dip in no time flat with your lovely KitchenAid stand mixer! Serve this festive appetizer in a beautiful Margarita glass. Although the glass I used today was clear, I often use a colorful one instead! Below are the small/medium wooden skewers I used for the fruit.
Margarita Fruit Dip
Yield 1 Fruit Dip
Flavorful Margarita fruit dip is the perfect adult appetizer for parties, potlucks and backyard BBQs. Flavored with fresh lime, tequila and Grand Marnier, it's a festive cocktail you can eat!
- 1 8-ounce block of cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup Greek honey-vanilla yogurt
- 3 tablespoons light agave nectar
- 2 teaspoons lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 2 tablespoons reposado tequilla
- 1 teaspoon Grand Marnier
- 1/4 teaspoon flaky sea salt
- Garnishes: Margarita salt, lime zest, lime slices
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the cream cheese until it's creamy and smooth.
- Add in the yogurt and light agave nectar. Blend briefly.
- Add in the lime juice, reposado tequila, Grand Marnier, and the flaky sea salt. Mix until incorporated.
- With a spatula, transfer the dip to a small bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until serving time. Although this fruit dip can be served right away (the consistency will be smooth and creamy), it's important to note the longer the mixture is allowed to sit in the fridge to chill, the thicker and more luscious the texture will become! I often make my Margarita fruit dip the night before a party so there's plenty of time for it to gain a fabulous firm-whipped consistency.
- When you're ready to serve your fruit dip, transfer the mixture to a Margarita glass that's been rimmed with Margarita salt.
- Garnish the fruit dip with a sprinkling of fresh lime zest in the center of the dip, and a few slices of lime on the rim of the glass.
Cuisine American, Mexican
FRUIT DIP > PIN IT TO PINTEREST!
Save this delicious fruit dip recipe. Pin it to Pinterest right now!
ANOTHER DELICIOUS FRUIT DIP RECIPE
LEMON WHIP FRUIT DIP is the perfect light-and-fluffy appetizer recipe for warm-weather months. It’s quick and easy to make and tastes super scrumptious!
FABULOUS ROTEL BEAN DIP
Add this tasty recipe to your summer party menu! CHEESY ROTEL BEAN DIP is an all-time family favorite.
YUMMY FRUIT DIP RECIPE > JOIN THE CONVERSATION!
Do you have a favorite fruit dip recipe you love making for parties and gatherings? What do you think about this yummy Margarita fruit dip? I’d love to hear your thoughts! Join the conversation in the comments below.