Mexican Shrimp Cocktail is perfect for holiday celebrations as well as all year round. When served in a Margarita glass rimmed with lime juice and Tajin, this yummy appetizer looks and tastes super festive!
- 1 cup ketsup
- 4 tablespoons horseradish
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 4 teaspoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce, like Cholula Mexican Hot Sauce or Tabasco
- 1/3 cup red onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1 Haas avocado, peeled, pitted and chopped
- 1/2 pound shrimp, cooked and peeled
- For rimming serving dishes: lime juice and Tajín Clásico Seasoning
- Garnishes: sliced jalapeno and lime slices
- In a medium mixing bowl, add the ketsup, horseradish, Worcestershire sauce, lime juice, and hot sauce. With a wooden spoon or spatula, mix until well blended. Add in the onion and bell pepper and mix again. Fold in the shrimp. Refrigerate for one hour.
- Just before serving time, fold in the chopped avocado. Rim the serving glasses with lime juice and Tajin. Spoon the shrimp cocktail into the serving glasses. Squeeze one slice of lime over the top of the appetizer. Sprinkle a little bit more Tajin on top. Garnish with sliced jalapenos and a slice of lime.
- Serve Mexican shrimp cocktail with oyster crackers, saltine crackers or Mexican-style tostada chips.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Appetizer, Lunch, Snack, Party
- Method: By hand
- Cuisine: Mexican, Tex-Mex
Keywords: Mexican shrimp cocktail, shrimp cocktail, shrimp cocktail recipe