Mini pigs in a blanket are a quick snack or meal. Serve these mini crescent dogs with a side of ketchup or mustard. Make this 3-ingredient recipe in 20 minutes. It’s so easy!
- 1 8-ounce can refrigerated crescent rolls
- 24 cocktail wieners from one 12-ounce package
- Poppy seeds
RECIPE PREP: Preheat oven to 350°F. Add 2 tablespoons water to a tiny dish.
- Open the can of crescent rolls. Roll out the dough. Separate into 8 triangles. With a pizza wheel or knife, lengthwise slice each triangle into thirds.
- Place a wiener on the wide end of a narrow triangle. Roll it from the thickest end of the dough to the thinnest end. Repeat until all the dough has been used. Dip a fingertip into water. Lightly dab the top of each crescent roll and sprinkle with poppy seeds. Place the mini pigs in a blanket on a baking tray, leaving a bit of space between pieces.
- Bake mini crescent dogs for 10 minutes, or until lightly golden brown. Serve warm.
- BEST SUBSTITUTE FOR COCKTAIL WIENERS: Use regular thin hot dogs. Depending on the length, cut them into 3 or 4 pieces.
- BEST SUBSTITUTE FOR CRESCENT ROLLS: Use this easy homemade biscuit dough: BAKING POWDER BISCUITS
- BEST SUBSTITUTES FOR POPPY SEEDS: Try white or black sesame seeds, or a sprinkling of flaky sea salt.
- HOW TO MAKE THIS RECIPE MORE FESTIVE: For football party food, skip the poppy seeds! After the mini pigs in a blanket come out of the oven, make them into pigskins in a blanket! Use yellow mustard from a squeeze bottle. Create football laces on the top of each with squeezed-on mustard: one line crosswise and 3 lengthwise!
- HOW TO MAKE THIS RECIPE MORE SAVORY: Before baking, brush each piece with melted butter. When assembling these mini crescent dogs, include a little slice of cheddar cheese along with the wiener.
- WHAT TO SERVE WITH PIGS IN A BLANKET: Serve them with ketchup, mustard, ranch dressing, hot sauce, or bang bang sauce.
- MAKE CLEAN-UP EASIER: Line the baking tray with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- MAKE AHEAD INSTRUCTIONS: Assemble pigs in the blanket. Place them on a baking tray, but do not bake them. Wrap tray with plastic wrap and refrigerate for up to 2 hours. Remove plastic wrap and bake as directed.
- CAN PIGS IN THE BLANKET BE FROZEN? Yes! After they’re baked, allow them to cool for 10-12 minutes. Place the pieces in a single layer within a gallon-sized freezer bag, leaving a bit of space between each. Lay the bag flat in the freezer. Frozen crescent dogs can be frozen for up to 3 weeks. To reheat, transfer the pieces to a baking tray. Tent it with foil. Bake at 325°F for 14-15 minutes, or until heated through.
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 10 Minutes
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Mini Pigs in a Blanket, Pigs in a Blanket, Mini Crescent Dogs