Disclosure: This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #PrepSealSave #CollectiveBias
Mini quiche appetizers are perfect party snacks for the holiday season! Save money by making these appetizers from scratch. Easily make delicious mini quiche 5 different ways with one simple recipe.
Appetizers for the Holidays
With a FoodSaver® FM3941 Vacuum Sealing System holiday entertaining’s a breeze! Prepare appetizers in advance, batch cook and meal plan. When it’s time to host holiday parties, you’ll feel peaceful, happy, and organized. You can step out of the kitchen early to enjoy life’s important moments.
Save Money on Appetizers & Food
Food stays fresh up to 5x longer than items stored in zipper bags, foil, plastic wrap and containers. It prevents freezer burn! Marinate in minutes instead of hours. Save up to $2700 a year when buying in bulk, buying on sale and preventing waste.
Custard for Mini Quiche Recipe
These are the simple ingredients for a scrumptious custard for mini quiche:
- Large eggs
- Half-and-half or heavy cream
- Ricotta cheese
- Ground black pepper
Basic Ingredients for Quiche
These are the basic ingredients for quiche.
- Refrigerated pie crusts
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Shredded mozzarella or jack cheese
- Fresh spinach
- Light drizzle of oil oil for sauteeing
- Yellow onion
- Cloves of garlic
Mini Quiche Recipe Ingredients
Mix and match these delicious ingredients to make a variety of party snacks!
- Bacon, fried until crispy and minced
- Ham, cubed and fried
- Jalapeno, seeds removed
- Bell pepper
How to Make Mini Quiche
Here’s how to make mini quiche from scratch:
- Spray mini tart pan with cooking spray.
- Cut out pieces of dough with a 3-inch, flower-shaped cookie cutter.
- Place dough over wells of tart pan.
- Use a tart tamper to press down crusts.
Here’s how to make mini quiche 5 ways:
- CHEESE QUICHE: Make savory tarts with half custard and two types of cheese.
- SPINACH AND BACON QUICHE: Add olive oil to pan. Saute onion and garlic until fragrant. Add spinach and saute until wilted. Fill dough with equal parts custard, cheese, bacon and spinach.
- SPINACH CHEESE QUICHE: Fill the tart-shaped dough with equal parts custard, cheese and spinach mixture.
- MUSHROOM BELL PEPPER QUICHE: Saute bell peppers, onion and garlic in olive oil until tender. Remove pan from heat. Add mushrooms. Stir. Create mini horderves with cheese, custard and veggie mixture.
- JALAPENO HAM QUICHE: Saute ham and jalapeno in olive oil. Add onion and garlic. Stir until fragrant. Fill tarts with cheese, custard, and meat mixture.
We’re ready to bake these easy appetizers!
- Adjust oven rack to the middle.
- Preheat oven.
- Tent quiche pan with foil.
- Bake mini quiche for 15-18 minutes.
- When crusts are lightly golden and filling no longer jiggles they’re done!
How to Keep Party Snacks Fresh
Here’s how to keep party snacks fresh until you’re ready to re-heat and serve them.
- Cool mini quiche completely.
- Plug in your FoodSaver® FM3941.
- Pull out FoodSaver® Bags and Rolls.
- Vacuum seal party snacks.
- Put appetizers in the freezer!
Preserve Appetizers and Party Snacks
FoodSaver® is the number 1 Vacuum Sealing solution in the US. System includes vacuum seal bags, vacuum zipper bags and containers designed to work together with vacuum sealers for optimal performance.
Overall FoodSaver® Benefit: By taking all of the air out, you can ensure your meat will be cooked evenly throughout.
Save Money for the Holidays
Below are money-saving promotions at Costco. You must have a Costco membership to take advantage of these special offers.
- The FM3941 Vacuum Sealing System will be $40 OFF in November.
- FoodSaver® Bags and Rolls Value Pack will be $10 OFF in November.
Vacuum Seal Appetizers & More
For delicate foods like mini quiche appetizers with fluted tops, you can manually stop the vacuuming process before items are crushed.
- Turn latch to open position. Open lid.
- Insert a roll to make a custom bag.
- Pull the bag material to desired length.
- You can also choose a precut bag.
- Place party snacks in bag.
- Put open end of bag in vacuum channel.
- Close lid. Turn latch to on position.
- Press Vac/Seal Button.
Party Snacks > PIN IT TO PINTEREST
Save this mini-quiche recipe for later! PIN IT TO PINTEREST RIGHT NOW!
Make 5 different mini quiche appetizers from one easy recipe! These delicious savory horderves are the perfect party snacks.
CUSTARD FOR QUICHE*
Custard is for all quiche varieties.
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 15-ounce packs refrigerated pie crusts (two 9″ crusts/pack)*
SPINACH AND BACON QUICHE
- Olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, pressed
- 2 tablespoons minced onion
- 3–1/2 cups tightly-packed fresh spinach, stems removed
- 7 slices bacon, fried until crisp, excess fat removed and diced
- 3/4 cup mild cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3/4 cups jack cheese or mozzarella, shredded
- 1 + 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons onion, minced
- 3 + 1/2 cups tightly-packed fresh spinach, stems removed
- Pinch of salt
- Cheddar cheese, shredded
- Mozzarella or jack cheese, shredded
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded jack cheese or mozzarella cheese
BELL PEPPER AND MUSHROOM QUICHE
- Small amount of olive oil
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1–2 tablespoons minced onion
- 1 cup bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup mushrooms, diced
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cups shredded jack or mozzarella cheese
HAM AND JALAPENO QUICHE
- A bit of olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 2 tablespoons onion, minced
- 1 cup cubed ham
- 2 tablespoons jalapeno, cored, seeded and minced
- 1 + 1/2 cups shredded jack and cheddar cheese
PREPARE DESIRED FILLING
- SPINACH QUICHE / SPINACH BACON QUICHE: Saute onions and garlic until fragrant. Add spinach; saute until wilted.
- BELL PEPPER MUSHROOM QUICHE: Saute onions, bell pepper and garlic. Remove pan from heat. Add mushrooms to pan; stir briefly.
- HAM JALAPENO QUICHE: Saute onions, garlic, ham and jalapeno until fragrant.
DIRECTIONS FOR QUICHE
- Spray two mini quiche pans with cooking spray.
- Use a 3-inch cookie cutter to cut out mini quiche crusts from pie dough. Put pieces over wells of quiche pan. Use a tart tamper to press dough into place.
- Adjust oven rack to the center. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, whisk ingredients for the custard.
- Fill crusts with one tablespoon of filling: equal parts cheese, custard and desired add-ins. Tent pan with foil.
- Bake 15 minutes, or until crusts are lightly golden and filling no longer wiggles. Remove foil. Bake an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Allow mini quiche to cool in pan for 5-8 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack for further cooling.
*Custard makes 4 dozen mini quiche. For multiple varieties of quiche make more custard.
**One 15-ounce pack of refrigerated crusts yields 26 mini quiche. For a variety of quiche, purchase additional packs.
Make a double batch of party snacks and vacuum seal for later!
Nutrition information is for Cheese variety
- Category: Breakfast, Brunch, Weekend
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: easy brunch, mini quiche, kid-friendly, freezer friendly
EASY MINI QUICHE APPETIZERS > JOIN THE CONVERSATION
What are your favorite party snacks? Do you love eating mini quiche? Which quiche recipe would you like to make? Share your thoughts on appetizers in the comments below. REMEMBER TO RATE THIS RECIPE!