Mint brownies with chocolate ganache is the perfect dessert to crush any chocolate craving! Luscious mint frosting is spread over a decadent brownie base. Then it’s all topped off with a fabulous bakery-style ganache. Here at home this is one of my most popular brownie recipes! What you’ll love most about these mint brownies is how simple they are to make. Mmm…I can hardly wait until you have a taste of this thick chocolate goodness!
Ingredients for Mint Brownies
These are the ingredients you’ll need for the brownie base: melted butter, granulated sugar, pure vanilla extract, large eggs, dark cocoa, baking powder, salt, and all purpose flour, and a touch of pure mint extract. Optional mint brownies garnish: Andes Mints.
Mint Frosting Ingredients
These are the ingredients for delicious mint frosting: powdered sugar, softened butter, salt, heavy cream, pure vanilla extract, pure mint extract, and green food coloring.
Ingredients for Chocolate Ganache
My bakery-style ganache is created with just two simple ingredients: heavy cream and good-quality semi-sweet chocolate.
How to Make Mint Brownies
Here’s how to make scrumptious mint brownies from scratch: Adjust your oven rack to the center position. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Generously grease an 8×8-inch pan. With a wooden spoon, mix the melted butter with the granulated sugar, vanilla extract, and mint extract. Stir in the eggs. Add the cocoa. As you stir, try to break up as many large lumps as possible. Add the baking powder and salt. stir briefly. Add in the flour and mix to incorporate. Bake the mint brownies for 20 minutes.
How to Make Mint Frosting for Mint Brownies Recipe
Making a batch of scrumptious mint frosting is a complete breeze! In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the powdered sugar and butter. The mixture will be crumbly, not moist.
Add in the vanilla, mint extract, salt and heavy cream. Beat until the mixture is deliciously smooth. Taste the mint frosting to see if you’d like to add in another 1/4 teaspoon of mint extract or if you like the taste as is. Add a few drops of green food coloring and mix again. You now have a fabulous batch of mint frosting ready to go!
How to Make Chocolate Ganache for Mint Brownies
Snap the bars of semi-sweet chocolate into small pieces. In a saucepan, boil the heavy cream over medium/high heat. Once it reaches a boil turn off the heat. Add the chocolate to the cream. Stir until the chocolate has completely melted and is fully incorporated. Transfer the chocolate ganache to a heat-resistant bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and stick in the refrigerator to cool. When it reaches room temperature, it’s ready to be used for this mint brownies recipe.
How to Assemble the Chocolate Mint Brownies
Once the mint brownies cool in their pan, spread the mint frosting over the top. Stick the pan in the freezer for 25-30 minutes or until the frosting has hardened up enough so that when you press a finger down on the frosting there is resistance. Pour the room temperature chocolate ganache over the top of the mint frosting and spread it out. Stick the pan back in the freezer for another 25-30 minutes so the ganache can harden up. This will make it a lot easier for you to slice the mint brownies into squares. If desired, top each Mint Brownie with an Andes Mint.
Best Kitchen Tools for Making Mint Brownies
These are wonderful kitchen items for making these scrumptious mint brownies. Which are your favorite kitchen tools? Which are on your wishlist?
Mint Brownies with Chocolate Ganache
Yield 9 brownies
Delicious mint brownies are the perfect treat for chocolate lovers! These beauties are iced with a fabulous mint frosting then covered with a bakery-style chocolate ganache. When it comes to scrumptious brownies, this recipe's a keeper!
INGREDIENTS FOR MINT BROWNIES
- 1 stick butter (1/2 cup), melted
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon mint extract
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/3 cup Hershey's dark cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
INGREDIENTS FOR MINT FROSTING
- 2-1/4 powdered sugar (confectioners sugar)
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream (same as heavy whipping cream)
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 - 1/2 teaspoon pure mint extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Green food coloring
INGREDIENTS FOR CHOCOLATE GANACHE
- 1 + 1/2 cups heavy cream (same as heavy whipping cream)
- 4 four-ounce semisweet chocolate baking bars (high quality), snapped into small pieces
- Andes Mints
DIRECTIONS FOR MINT BROWNIES
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Generously grease an 8X8 baking pan with butter. If you would rather pull the brownies out of the pan instead of serving them inside it, line the pan with an oversized piece parchment paper that hangs slightly over the sides.
- With a wooden spoon or spatula, mix the melted butter and granulated sugar until well combined. Add the eggs, vanilla extract and mint extract. Stir well. Add in the cocoa. Mix to blend while also breaking up as many lumps as possible. Stir in the baking powder and salt. Add the flour and mix until fully incorporated.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick or cake tester inserted in the middle comes out clean. Allow the brownies to cool completely in the pan before adding the mint frosting.
DIRECTIONS FOR MINT FROSTING
- With a mixer, beat the butter and sugar together. The mixture will be dry and crumbly. Add the heavy cream, vanilla extract, and salt. Beat on high until smooth.
- Add the mint extract 1/8 teaspoon at a time until you reach the desired mint flavor. Add in a few drops of green food coloring and mix again.
- When the brownies have cooled completely, frost the brownies with mint frosting. Stick the mint brownies into the freezer for 25-30 minutes or until the mint frosting has hardened.
DIRECTIONS FOR CHOCOLATE GANACHE
- In a saucepan over medium-high heat, bring the heavy cream to a boil. Turn off the heat and add the pieces of chocolate. With a wooden spoon or rubber spatula, stir the mixture until all of the chocolate has melted and is fully incorporated.
- Transfer the chocolate ganache to a heat-safe bowl with a spout. Refrigerate the ganache just until it cools down to room temperature.
- Pour the ganache over the top of the frosted mint brownies and spread it out evenly over the frosting. Stick the mint brownies into the freezer for about 25-30 minutes or until the ganache has hardened. If desired, garnish the brownies with Andes Mints just before the ganache has completely hardened.
HOW TO SERVE MINT BROWNIES
Slice the mint brownies into nine squares. Enjoy with a glass of milk or coffee!
Courses dessert, party
MINT BROWNIES WITH CHOCOLATE GANACHE > PIN IT TO PINTEREST
Save this decadent MINT BROWNIES recipe for later! Pin it to Pinterest.
BROWNIE RECIPES TO CRAVE
If you enjoyed these mint brownies, you’ll absolutely love these other delicious brownie recipes!
GET MORE RECIPE INSPIRATION HERE >> FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST
MINT BROWNIES WITH CHOCOLATE GANACHE > JOIN THE CONVERSATION!
Do you have a favorite brownie recipe that you turn to time and again? What do you think about these scrumptious mint brownies? I’d love to hear your thoughts in the comments below!