These scrumptious chocolate mint cookies are a brand new spin on the traditional chocolate chip cookie recipe! They’re deliciously chewy with a beautiful crumb. The mix of melted mint chips and chocolate morsels makes these festive treats really stand out! They’re the perfect St. Patrick’s Day cookies that are delightfully enjoyed all year round. Add this to your special collection of cookie recipes!
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light-brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 2–1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder, natural unsweetened
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mint chocolate chips (plus more for garnishing)
- 1 cup milk chocolate morsels (plus more for garnishing)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugars together. Add eggs, vanilla extract, and peppermint extract. Mix until blended.
- In a medium bowl, use a spatula to mix together the cocoa, flour, baking soda and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Mix until fully incorporated.
- Stir in the mint chips and chocolate chips. With a cookie scoop, add rounded spoonfuls of dough to the cookie sheet. Leave about 2-1/2 inches of space between the cookies.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. Remove cookies from oven. If desired, press additional mint and chocolate morsels into the top of each cookie. Allow cookies to cool on the tray for 10 minutes or until they can be easily transferred to a cooling rack.
HOW TO FREEZE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE DOUGH
This recipe is freezer friendly!
- STEP 1: Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- STEP 2: Use a cookie scoop to form rounded pucks. Place the balls of cookie dough on the parchment paper leaving about 1/4 of an inch between each piece.
- STEP 3: Place the cookie sheet into the freezer for about 3 hours or until solid.
- STEP 4: Remove the tray from the freezer. Transfer the preformed cookie dough to a zip-top bag. Another option: select a freezer-safe container with a solid bottom, and layer the cookie dough inside the container using sheets of parchment paper to divide the layers. Return the cookie dough to the freezer!
HOW TO BAKE FROZEN CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE DOUGH
There’s no need to thaw out the preformed pieces before baking!
- STEP 1: Adjust oven rack to the center position. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- STEP 2: Line a cookie sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
- STEP 3: Place the pieces of preformed frozen cookie dough on the lined tray. Leave about 2-1/2 inches of space between the cookies.
- STEP 4: Bake chocolate chip cookies for 10-14 minutes, or until lightly golden.
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes
- Cook Time: 8 Minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: mint chocolate chip cookies, chocolate mint cookies, chocolate chip cookies