Make Mom’s zucchini bread recipe in 10 minutes then bake. It’s warm, tender and fragrant with the perfect amount of sweetness and spice. It’s perfect for breakfast, snacks, picnics and gifting.
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- 1 cup light brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup plain unsweetened Greek yogurt (or sour cream)
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely-shredded zucchini, lightly squeezed to remove extra moisture
- 1 tablespoon coarse white sparkling sugar (or turbinado sugar), for sprinkling
RECIPE PREP: Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). *Grease a 9″x5″ loaf pan (1.25 lb. vol.) with nonstick baking spray or butter.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the brown sugar and melted butter until well combined. Add milk, yogurt, egg and vanilla. Whisk to combine.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, sea salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients. Mix just until no large lumps remain. Do not overmix or the loaf will be dense. This zucchini batter is thick – slidable into the pan, but not pourable. The consistency is thicker than a box brownie mix, but thinner than pudding.
- Add shredded zucchini to the bowl. Gently fold it into the batter – being mindful to not overmix. With a spatula, push the batter from the bowl into the prepared loaf pan and smooth out the top. Sprinkle with coarse white sparkling sugar or turbinado sugar.
- Bake 50 to 60 minutes, or until a cake tester (or toothpick or wooden skewer) inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean. Allow the bread to cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Remove and transfer it to a wire rack to cool it completely before slicing.
*HOW TO PREP LOAF PAN FOR EASY LOAF REMOVAL: Grease a 9″x5″ (1.25 lb. volume) loaf pan. Create a “sling” by lining the pan with a slightly oversized piece of parchment paper hanging over each long side. These are “handles” for lifting. Grease the parchment paper.
HOW TO STORE ZUCCHINI BREAD: After loaf has completely cooled, return it to the pan. Cover the top with plastic wrap, or wrap the loaf in a layer of plastic wrap. If sliced, place zucchini bread slices into a zip-top bag with the air pressed out. Store at room temperature for 3 to 4 days, or in the fridge up to 1 week.
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 50 Minutes
- Category: Bread
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Mom's Zucchini Bread, Easy Zucchini Bread, Moist Zucchini Bread, Zucchini Bread Recipe, Best Zucchini Bread