Celebrate Independence Day with two delicious no churn ice cream recipes! Making homemade ice cream without a machine is super easy to do. I’ll show you how to make no churn Mint Chocolate Chip ice cream, and no churn Chocolate Caramel Swirl ice cream. I’ll also share my festive 4th of July tablescapes.
No churn ice cream begins with a very simple 3-ingredient recipe. Heavy whipping cream, sweetened condensed milk, and vanilla. Once you have your ice cream base simply choose your favorite add-ins to create different flavors. The sky’s the limit when it comes to all of the ice cream flavor varieties you can make! My family has a few standard favorites: mint chocolate chip ice cream, chocolate caramel swirl, and Oreo cookies and cream. So when deciding on which ice cream flavors to whip up, I started with the first two.
What I love most about no churn ice cream is that it only takes 10 minutes to make. Seriously, it really is that quick! The second thing I like is that nobody guesses that it can possibly be this easy to make homemade ice cream. No ice cream machine. No churning. When family and friends see your scrumptious ice cream come out of the freezer they are completely wowed that you actually took the time to make a batch of no churn ice cream from scratch! And for a few moments you allow them to believe you’re like Martha Stewart. But then you come clean and share your secret. Or you don’t.
I’m almost embarrassed to admit how easy it is. But sooner or later everyone will want to know your recipe and how to make no churn ice cream at home. Once you make the first batch of no churn ice cream, you’ll be inspired to start creating a whole variety of different flavors! From my images you can almost taste the creamy consistency of this delicious mint chocolate chip ice cream and the chocolate caramel swirl. Mmmm…
No churn ice cream is seriously good stuff! My ice cream lover husband said it was better than Baskin Robbins, Dryer’s Ice Cream, and Cold Stone Creamery. This evening’s dinner guests all agreed! I sent home the extra box of Mint Chocolate Chip ice cream with my daughter Brooke’s fiancee Darin. The second batch will remain in my freezer to be enjoyed on a hot and sunny California day.
How to Make No Churn Ice Cream >> Best Kitchen Tools
My favorite kitchen tools for making no churn ice cream include my KitchenAid stand mixer and my two beautiful Pullman loaf pans with covers. I also love my professional Zeroll ice cream spade.
- KitchenAid stand mixer
- Silicone spatula
- Large mixing bowl
- Pullman loaf pan with cover
- Zeroll ice cream spade
Celebrate Independence Day with two delicious no churn ice cream recipes! Making homemade ice cream without a machine is super easy to do.
NO CHURN ICE CREAM BASE
- 4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 14-ounce cans sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon pure Mexican vanilla (or vanilla extract)
MINT CHOCOLATE CHIP ADD-INS
- 1 +1/2 teaspoons peppermint extract
- 10–12 drops green food coloring
- 3 cups Nestle semi-sweet chocolate mini morsels (plus extra mini morsels for sprinkling on top!)
CHOCOLATE CARAMEL SWIRL ADD-INS
- Hershey’s hot fudge topping
- Smucker’s salted caramel topping (or my 15-minute homemade salted caramel recipe – find the photo and link at the bottom of this page)
NO CHURN ICE CREAM BASE
- In a large mixing bowl whisk the sweetened condensed milk and vanilla together. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, whip the heavy whipping cream until stiff peaks form. Be careful to not over whip.
- Using a spatula, gently fold the whipped cream into the milk/vanilla mixture. The mixture should remain very fluffy!
- Gently fold in your favorite mix-ins to create custom ice cream flavors.*
- Transfer no churn ice cream to a parchment-lined bread pan.
- Freeze for 6-8 hours until hard, or overnight.
*MINT CHOCOLATE CHIP ICE CREAM
Very gently fold in green food coloring, peppermint extract and mini chocolate morsels. Once your mint chocolate chip ice cream is frozen solid, add additional mini chocolate morsels on top!
*CHOCOLATE CARAMEL SWIRL ICE CREAM
Gently fold in medium-thick drizzles of fudge and caramel. Do not over combine as you want to maintain the beautiful streaks. Once you transfer your no churn ice cream to a bread pan, artfully add additional fudge and salted caramel drizzles on top. Yum!
- “Heavy Cream” is the same as “Heavy Whipping Cream”.
- If you’d like to have enough ice cream to fill a 13″ X 4″ Pullman loaf pan with lid like mine, here are the ingredient quantities you’ll need: 6 cups heavy whipping cream, three 14-ounce cans sweetened condensed milk, and 1 tablespoon pure Mexican vanilla (or vanilla extract).
- Nutrition information is for base ingredients only.
- Category: Dessert, Summer, Party
- Method: Freezer
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: no churn ice cream, no churn ice cream recipe, homemade ice cream
?PIN IT TO PINTEREST
❤️ More Recipes You’ll Love
Salted Caramel Sauce – perfect for making this no churn ice cream recipe!
This delicious Loaded Baked Potato Salad is perfect for summer picnics, potlucks, BBQs and Independence Day celebrations.
4th of July Party Tablescape
For more inspirational photos of this stylish Independence Day tablescape, visit this page: 4th of July Party
GET MORE RECIPE INSPIRATION HERE >> FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST
How to Make No Churn Ice Cream >> Your Thoughts
What are your favorite ice cream flavors? What types of desserts are the most popular when celebrating Independence Day in the city or country you’re from? Introduce your family and friends to this simple and delicious no churn ice cream recipe.