These crispy, crunchy pasta chips are a TikTok sensation! So unique and delicious. Make this easy party appetizer in the air fryer or oven. Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
- 1 box (16-ounces) bowtie pasta
- Olive oil (from spray can or drizzled from a bottle)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt (plus more for the boiling water)
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- OPTIONAL: freshly-ground pepper and Italian parsley
FOR SERVING: Marinara sauce
- Boil pasta in heavily salted water that tastes like the ocean, cooking al dente according to package directions.
- Drain in a colander. Rinse under cold water. Shake colander to remove as much water as possible.
- Spread pasta in an even layer on a baking tray. Pat dry with a lint-free towel.
- Adjust oven rack to center position. Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a large baking tray with parchment paper.
- Transfer cooked pasta to a large mixing bowl. Spray or drizzle with olive oil. Mix well to coat all pieces. This will prevent noodles from sticking together, and help them crisp up in the oven. Add sea salt. Toss well to distribute the spice.
- Arrange noodles in a single layer on prepared baking tray. Bake 20 minutes, or until the entire batch is golden blonde and crisp, flipping and stirring the noodles once or twice during baking. Remove from oven.
- If desired, grind black pepper over the top. Transfer pasta chips to a serving bowl. Sprinkle with garlic powder and parmesan cheese. Toss to combine. If desired, garnish with parsley.
Serve with marinara dipping sauce.
AIR FRYER INSTRUCTIONS
- Transfer cooked pasta to a large mixing bowl. Spray or drizzle with olive oil. Mix well to coat all pieces. This will prevent the noodles from clumping together, and will help them crisp up in the air fryer.
- Add sea salt to the bowl. Toss well to distribute the spice. Transfer pasta to the air fryer basket.
- Air fry at 400°F for 10 to 12 minutes, or until pieces are golden blonde and crisp. If needed, air fry the noodles in batches. During air frying, shake the basket a few times to redistribute the pieces. We want all the surfaces to get nice and crisp.
- Transfer pasta chips to a serving bowl. If desired, grind black pepper over the top. Sprinkle with garlic powder and parmesan cheese. Toss to combine. Optional: garnish with Italian parsley.
Serve warm or at room temperature with a side of your favorite dipping sauce.
BEST PASTA SHAPES TO USE: We want a noodle with a nice sturdy surface. Once cooked, this appetizer should be easy to pick up with your fingers and dip into a sauce. Try bowtie pasta, penne pasta, rigatoni, ziti, or lasagne noodles snapped into pieces.
MORE IDEAS FOR HERBS AND SPICES FOR PASTA CHIPS: Freshly-ground black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, basil, Italian seasoning, and Italian parsley. For a little heat, try a pinch of cayenne or red pepper flakes.
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 15 Minutes
- Category: Appetizers, Snacks
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Pasta Chips, TikTok Pasta Chips, Viral TikTok Recipe