This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #NestleTraditionallyUnited #CollectiveBias
Baking up batches of delicious pecan pie bars brings back fond childhood memories. Grandma cooked everything from scratch. In her kitchen she’d wear a vintage apron while preparing flavorful Latin foods for the family. But during the holiday season making festive recipes was a family affair!
PECAN PIE BARS AND HOLIDAY RECIPES
In Latin culture, the holidays are seen as special opportunities for generations to gather together and spend quality time in the kitchen. It’s a beautiful way to strengthen family ties. Baking with NESTLÉ® LA LECHERA® Sweetened Condensed Milk is one of these traditions. It’s a time-honored brand Latin families trust to deliver quality, consistency and creativity. It’s the secret ingredient that makes our pecan pie bars over-the-top scrumptious!
INGREDIENTS FOR PECAN BARS
All ingredients for these delicious pecan bars can be found at Walmart.
- All-purpose flour
- NESTLÉ® LA LECHERA® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Vanilla extract
- Lemon juice
- Nestle Toll House Butterscotch Morsels
- Shredded coconut
BUY INGREDIENTS FOR PECAN PIE BARS NOW!
Excited to make this yummy pecan pie bars recipe? Shopping for groceries at Walmart has never been easier! Click the ingredients below right now.
The base for our pecan pie bars is a delicious, buttery shortbread crust. To make the crust you can use a fork, pastry cutter, food processor, or stand mixer.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Add flour and sugar to a mixing bowl.
- Mix briefly until blended.
- Cut the butter into the dry ingredients until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Chop pecans and add them to the bowl.
- Stir briefly until combined.
PECAN BARS CRUST
- Lightly coat interior sides of a 9×13 pan with cooking spray.
- Line the pan with an oversized sheet of parchment paper.
- Add the shortbread crust mixture.
- Press the crumbs into a firm even layer at the bottom of the pan.
HOW LONG TO BAKE PECAN PIE BARS
Bake the shortbread crust for 15-20 minutes, or until edges are very lightly golden. Keep the oven on! We’ll bake the crust again once we add the pecan pie bar filling.
FILLING FOR PECAN PIE BARS
This easy pecan pie bars recipe comes together quickly!
- In a medium bowl, add NESTLÉ® LA LECHERA® Sweetened Condensed Milk, lemon juice, vanilla, salt and one egg.
- Mix wet ingredients until smooth.
- Stir in pecans and Nestle Toll House Butterscotch Morsels.
- Pour mixture over the shortbread crust.
PECAN PIE BARS RECIPE
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes, or until filling is set.
- Remove pan from oven and cool completely.
- Cover with waxed paper and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
HOW TO CUT PECAN PIE BARS
- Using the over-sized sheet of parchment paper as handles, carefully lift the solid piece from the pan.
- Place the large bar (with parchment) on a cutting board.
- With a sharp knife, cut the piece into 36 squares.
HOW TO SERVE YOUR HOLIDAY DESSERT
Being Latina you know the importance of hospitality. As children, you learn by example to be gracious, generous and inviting. We’d see Grandma lovingly share homemade food with extended family, friends and neighbors. Even unexpected guests would be invited to join us at the table.
- Garnish your delicious dessert with shredded coconut.
- Get festive with holiday plates and napkins.
- Be a great hostess: offer guests a warm mug of NESTLÉ® ABUELITA Mexican Hot Chocolate along with a little square of pecan bars.
FAVORITE HOLIDAY TRADITIONS
I fondly remember how Grandma always had NESTLÉ® ABUELITA Mexican Hot Chocolate in her pantry. She’d buy it at a little Mexican store in her neighborhood.
Today, our generation carries on this Latin tradition, but we buy our Nestle products at Walmart. Abuelita and La Lechera help us create unforgettable bonding moments with our families. Nothing says “happy holidays” more genuinely than bite-sized pieces of tender pecan bars along with a cozy, comforting mug of hot chocolate!
These delicious pecan pie bars have a tender shortbread crust with a delightful scrumptious filling. It’s the perfect dessert recipe for the holidays!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
PECAN PIE BARS FILLING
- 1 14-ounce can NESTLÉ® LA LECHERA® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1–1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1–1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Pinch of salt
- 1–1/4 cups Nestle Toll House Butterscotch Morsels
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
GARNISH FOR PECAN BARS
- Shredded coconut, sweetened or unsweetened
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. With cooking spray, lightly coat the sides of a 9X13 baking dish. Drape an over-sized piece of parchment paper over the long sides of the pan.
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour and sugar. Cut in the butter until mixture resembles coarse meal. Add 1/3 cup of chopped pecans to the bowl. Stir until mixed. Press the shortbread mixture firmly onto the bottom of the baking dish (not the sides). Bake at 350° F for 15 minutes, or until the edges are ever-so-slightly golden brown. Don’t overbake! We want a light tender crust.
- In a large bowl, add the wet ingredients and a pinch of salt. Beat until smooth. Stir in the butterscotch morsels and 1 cup of chopped pecans. Pour the mixture over the crust and spread it out evenly.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from oven. Cool. Cover the pan with wax paper and chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes. Using the over-sized parchment paper as handles, remove the large bar from the pan. Place it on a cutting board. With a sharp knife, slice the rectangle into 36 pecan pie bars.
- Before serving, sprinkle a festive amount of shredded coconut over the pecan pie bars.
Enjoy your pecan bars with NESTLÉ® ABUELITA Mexican Hot Chocolate!
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Mexican, American
Keywords: Pecan Pie Bars, Pecan Bars
PECAN PIE BARS > JOIN THE CONVERSATION
What do you think about this scrumptious recipe for pecan pie bars? Share your family’s treasured holiday traditions in the comments below!