These delicious pecan pie bars have a tender shortbread crust with a delightful scrumptious filling. It’s the perfect dessert recipe for the holidays!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
PECAN PIE BARS FILLING
- 1 14-ounce can NESTLÉ® LA LECHERA® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1–1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1–1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Pinch of salt
- 1–1/4 cups Nestle Toll House Butterscotch Morsels
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
GARNISH FOR PECAN BARS
- Shredded coconut, sweetened or unsweetened
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. With cooking spray, lightly coat the sides of a 9X13 baking dish. Drape an over-sized piece of parchment paper over the long sides of the pan.
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour and sugar. Cut in the butter until mixture resembles coarse meal. Add 1/3 cup of chopped pecans to the bowl. Stir until mixed. Press the shortbread mixture firmly onto the bottom of the baking dish (not the sides). Bake at 350° F for 15 minutes, or until the edges are ever-so-slightly golden brown. Don’t overbake! We want a light tender crust.
- In a large bowl, add the wet ingredients and a pinch of salt. Beat until smooth. Stir in the butterscotch morsels and 1 cup of chopped pecans. Pour the mixture over the crust and spread it out evenly.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from oven. Cool. Cover the pan with wax paper and chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes. Using the over-sized parchment paper as handles, remove the large bar from the pan. Place it on a cutting board. With a sharp knife, slice the rectangle into 36 pecan pie bars.
- Before serving, sprinkle a festive amount of shredded coconut over the pecan pie bars.
Enjoy your pecan bars with NESTLÉ® ABUELITA Mexican Hot Chocolate!
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Mexican, American
Keywords: Pecan Pie Bars, Pecan Bars