Peppermint patties are favorite holiday treats! Along with a decorated Christmas tree, homemade peppermint patties set a fun festive tone for the holiday season! I’d like to thank Minted for sponsoring this post!
SECRET INGREDIENT FOR PEPPERMINT PATTIES
One of my secret ingredients for making peppermint patties is using pure Mexican Vanilla. Its taste is distinctly different from the conventional brands of vanilla available here in the states. Because I travel back and forth between California and Puerto Vallarta, Mexico I’m able to bring back bottles of vanilla in my suitcase. But happily you can now order Mexican vanilla online from Amazon.com.
STYLISH CHRISTMAS POSTCARDS
I am so excited about the Minted Christmas cards I ordered online! This year I decided to change things up a bit. Instead of cards with envelopes I chose a fabulous set of postcards. With Minted you have the option of customizing your holiday cards and postage stamps with photos and your own wording. Let me tell you, all of Minted’s cards are downright glamorous!
The Christmas card design above is one of my favorites. I ordered 45 of these holiday postcards and included a personalized message on the back. There’s also the option of free address printing, so when your order arrives your cards are ready to go. How wonderful is that? Now you too will have more time this holiday season to whip up a batch of yummy peppermint patties!
PEPPERMINT PATTIES AND HOLIDAY IDEAS
I really cherish the time I spend with family and friends. During the holidays I’m on the lookout for great ways to beautify my home quickly and easily. Luckily Minted provides perfect solutions that fit my lifestyle. With gorgeous cake plates, 3-D Christmas trees and holly felt garland I was able to set up this holiday dessert table in a snap! After baking up a batch of Homemade Oreos for Santa, Marshmallow Dippers for hot chocolate, and delicious Homemade Peppermint Patties, this fabulous look came together quickly.
EASY PEPPERMINT PATTIES
These yummy peppermint patties tend to disappear just as soon as they hit the dessert table! I recommend making a double recipe. You can also switch things up for fun. Rather than using crushed candy canes as the garnish you can use soft chocolate sprinkles instead. They also look and taste great with no garnish at all! These fabulous mints are perfect as holiday gifts.
Now that my Christmas cards have been mailed off, I look forward to other traditions like going out to view Christmas lights with the family, and decorating a last-minute batch of sugar cookies for Christmas Eve.Print
Delightful peppermint patties are a festive holiday treat! These easy homemade peppermint patties will delight family, friends and co-workers. This is the perfect candy recipe for holiday entertaining and gift-giving.
- 2 tablespoons salted butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream (whipping cream)
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1+1/2 teaspoons Mexican vanilla
- 3 teaspoons pure peppermint extract
- 2+1/3 cups powdered sugar (confectioners sugar)
- 1 tub Wilton Candy Dips (10 oz)
- 3 candy canes, crushed
- Add butter, cream, corn syrup, vanilla and peppermint extract to the bowl of a stand mixer with paddle attachment. Mix ingredients until well blended. Add powdered sugar. Mix until well incorporated. The dough should have a Play-Doh texture.
- Place dough between two pieces of waxed paper. Roll it to a thickness of 1/4 inch. Freeze dough for 15 minutes or until firm.
- Use a tiny biscuit cutter to cut out patties, or form little patties with your hands. Put the patties on a freezer-safe plate and refreeze again for 10 minutes.
- Melt Wilton Candy Dips in a Wilton melting pot or in the microwave.
- Remove 1/4 of the patties from the freezer. Using a fork, dip each patty into the chocolate to fully cover all sides. Place the patties on a piece of parchment paper and sprinkle with crushed candy canes.
- Repeat process with remaining patties that are in the freezer.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: No Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: peppermint patties, no bake dessert recipes, holiday desserts, candy recipes, holiday candies
PEPPERMINT PATTIES RECIPE – JOIN THE CONVERSATION
What do you think about this easy recipe for peppermint patties? How do you get ready for the holidays? I’d love to hear from you in the comments below.