Peppermint patty brownies with Hershey’s Kisses are delicious, decadent holiday treats! Not only do they taste fabulous, but they look super festive too. Whenever I make these special Christmas brownies there’s not a crumb left in the pan. So now I’ve learned that it’s just best to double the recipe. Once they’re frosted and topped with a Hershey’s chocolate kiss and sprinkles of crushed candy canes, they’re gobbled up faster than you can say Merry Christmas. These peppermint brownies have become one of my most popular holiday dessert recipes.
Ingredients for Peppermint Patty Brownies
These are all the ingredients you’ll need to make this yummy peppermint brownies recipe: butter, granulated sugar, vanilla extract, peppermint extract, eggs, all-purpose flour, Hershey’s natural unsweetened cocoa, baking soda, sea salt and Hershey’s Kisses. For the peppermint frosting: butter, cream cheese, peppermint extract, vanilla extract, and powdered sugar. For garnishing: crushed candy canes and several Hershey’s Kisses.
How to Make Brownies
This is how to make the best brownies you’ve ever tasted! Start by melting one stick of butter on the stovetop or in the microwave. Pour the melted butter into a medium-large mixing bowl. To that add the granulated sugar, vanilla extract, and peppermint extract. Mix the ingredients together with a wooden spoon until everything’s well blended. Add the cocoa powder and mix well, breaking up as many lumps as possible. Add the baking soda and salt. Stir until mixed in. Add the flour and mix again until completely incorporated. Pour the brownie mixture into a generously-buttered 8 X 8 square pan. Gently press 16 Hershey’s Kisses, equally spaced, into the brownie batter. Bake the peppermint brownies at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
How to Make Peppermint Frosting
Here’s how to make super yummy peppermint frosting! Add the softened butter, cream cheese, vanilla extract, peppermint extract and a pinch of salt to the bowl of a stand mixer. Mix until the mixture is light and fluffy. Slowly add in the powdered sugar. Start by mixing on low speed and gradually increase the speed, mixing until the sugar is fully incorporated. The frosting consistency should be creamy and smooth. Swipe up a bit of frosting with your clean pinky finger. Mmmm… It should taste absolutely heavenly.
Once the brownies have been pulled from the oven, allow the brownies to cool down completely. Using a silicone spatula, frost the brownies with the peppermint frosting.
Sprinkle crushed candy canes over the top of the frosting as if you were sprinkling confetti. Press 9 Hershey’s Kisses, equally spaced, into the frosting. These beautiful Christmas brownies are super festive!
Who would you like to share your peppermint patty brownies with this season? I shared mine with my husband, our daughters and my parents. And I put aside a few extras for the girls’ significant others.
Here’s one last close-up look at these scrumptious holiday treats! I hope you enjoyed learning how to make these scrumptious peppermint brownies.
Best Kitchen Tools for Making Brownie Recipes
For making brownie recipes all you need is a mixing bowl, wooden spoon, spatula, measuring cups and spoons, and a square baking pan. For making peppermint frosting you can use a hand mixer or a Kitchenaid stand mixer like I used when preparing these peppermint brownies.
Peppermint Patty Brownies with Hershey's Kisses
Yield 9 squares
INGREDIENTS FOR PEPPERMINT BROWNIES
- 1 stick butter (1/2 cup), melted
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup natural unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 16 Hershey's Kisses
INGREDIENTS FOR PEPPERMINT FROSTING
- 4 ounces cream cheese (1/2 block), softened
- 1 stick butter (1/2 cup), softened
- 1 + 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons peppermint extract
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 pound of powdered sugar (confectioners sugar)
GARNISHES FOR PEPPERMINT PATTY BROWNIES
- Crushed candy canes
- 9 Hershey's Kisses
DIRECTIONS FOR PEPPERMINT BROWNIES
- Generously butter an 8X8 square baking pan. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium-large mixing bowl, mix melted butter, granulated sugar, vanilla extract and peppermint extract with a wooden spoon until well blended. Add the two large eggs and mix again. Add the cocoa powder. Mix until incorporated while trying to break up any lumps as much as possible. Add the baking soda and salt. Stir briefly. Add the flour and mix until fully incorporated.
- With a spatula, transfer the brownie batter to the prepared baking pan. Lightly press 16 Hershey's Kisses, evenly spaced, into the brownie batter. Bake for 20 minutes or until a cake tester inserted in two spots where the Kisses are not located comes out clean. Remove from oven. Allow the peppermint brownies to stay in the baking pan while cooling down completely.
DIRECTIONS FOR PEPPERMINT FROSTING
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the cream cheese, butter, vanilla extract, peppermint extract and a pinch of salt until the mixture is light and fluffy. Slowly add the powdered sugar. Mix until the consistency of the peppermint frosting is smooth, creamy and delightful.
- With a spatula, spread the peppermint frosting over the top of the cooled brownies.
GARNISH PEPPERMINT PATTY BROWNIES
- Sprinkle crushed candy canes over the peppermint frosting.
- Gently press 9 Hershey's kisses, equally spaced over the top of the frosting.
Courses Snack, Tea Time, Dessert, Holiday, Party
PEPPERMINT PATTY BROWNIES RECIPE > PIN IT TO PINTEREST
Save this delicious Christmas brownies recipe for later!
MORE HOLIDAY RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE
Peppermint Brownie Recipe > Your Thoughts
Will you be hosting a holiday party this year? What do you think about this Christmas recipe for peppermint patty brownies with Hershey’s Kisses? I’d love to hear your thoughts in the comments below! I invite you to rate this yummy brownie recipe.