This pineapple Margarita is sweet, tangy, cool and refreshing. Served in a glass rimmed with salty chili-lime seasoning or sugar. A perfect cocktail for Cinco de Mayo, Taco Tuesday, and hot-weather days.
- 2 ounces (1/4 cup) pineapple juice
- 1.5 ounces (3 tablespoons) silver tequila (or 2 ounces for a stronger drink)
- .75 ounce (1 1/2 tablespoons) lime juice, freshly squeezed from Key limes
- .75 ounce (1 1/2 tablespoons) Cointreau
- Ice cubes, for the shaker
For Rimming, Garnishing & Serving
- 1/2 lime, for moistening rim of the glass
- Tajin Clasico, for a salty spicy rim (or fine sugar for a sweet rim)
- Pineapple wedge, for garnishing
- Ice cubes
- Rim the glass. 👉🏻 Add Tajin to a wide ramekin or small plate. Slice a lime in half, then cut a notch in one half. Run it over the rim of the glass to moisten it. Dip and roll the wet rim in the Tajin (the outside of the rim only). Add ice to the glass. Set it aside.
- Add ice cubes to a cocktail shaker or mason jar. Pour in pineapple juice, silver tequila, lime juice, and Cointreau. Firmly attach the lid to the cocktail shaker. Shake the ingredients for 10 to 15 seconds until well combined and chilled.
- Strain the drink into the prepared glass of ice. Garnish as desired with a pineapple wedge, pineapple frond, or a wedge of lime. Serve and enjoy.
For a spicy pineapple Margarita: After straining the cocktail into the glass, add 3 to 4 slices fresh jalapeño and stir to release the spicy flavor.
- Prep Time: 5 Minutes
- Category: Cocktails
- Method: Shaking
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: Pineapple Margarita, Pineapple Margarita Recipe, Spicy Pineapple Margarita