Pizza rolls are easy appetizers. They’re fun party snacks that are perfect for the game-day crowd! Made with homemade pizza dough or refrigerated store-bought dough, these yummy pizza bites are some of the best finger food ideas this season.
- 1 13.8-ounce tube refrigerated pizza dough*
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce or marinara sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 + 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 35 pieces of thinly-sliced pepperoni
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 + 1/2 tablespoons fresh basil, shredded or sliced
- Cornmeal for sprinkling on baking tray
- Garnishes: grated Parmesan, red pepper flakes, basil pesto, black olives as an optional add-on
- Pop open the tube of pizza crust and lay it flat on a large cutting board. With a rolling pin, even out the edges to make them straight. Your finished rectangle should be approximately 10X14 inches or slightly smaller.
- Add pizza sauce to the center of the crust. With a spoon or spatula, spread it evenly over the surface of the dough. Sprinkle garlic powder and oregano on top.
- Sprinkle shredded mozzarella cheese onto the pizza in an even layer. Arrange the pepperoni slices on top of the cheese. Add grated parmesan and a bit of shredded basil.
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Tightly roll the long end of the rectangle upward to form a nice-looking log. If there’s time, place the log into the freezer on the cutting board or cookie sheet. Leave it there for 10-12 minutes. This will help firm up the dough a bit to make slicing the pizza bites much easier!
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. If you have a pizza stone, now is a great time to use it! Sprinkle corn meal onto the baking tray or pizza stone. This will give the baked pepperoni rolls an added bit of texture and crunch!
- Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until the pizza rolls are beautifully golden. Remove from the oven.
- Arrange the mini pizzas on a serving tray. Sprinkle them with grated Parmesan and chili flakes. Lightly drizzle pesto on top. Serve with a bowl of black olives and a beverage of choice.
EXPERT TIPS: *Be sure to use a classic pizza crust NOT a thin crust. A thin crust will start falling apart as you roll it.
Corn meal is used on the underside of pizza crusts to prevent the dough from sticking to pizza stones and pizza peels. It’s also a great way to add some extra texture and crunch!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Appetizers, Party, Snacks
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American, Italian
Keywords: pizza rolls, pizza bites, finger food ideas