Pizza rolls are easy appetizers. They’re fun party snacks that are perfect for the game-day crowd! Made with homemade pizza dough or refrigerated store-bought dough, these yummy pizza bites are some of the best finger food ideas this season.
- 1 13.8-ounce tube refrigerated pizza dough*
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce or marinara sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 + 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 35 pieces of thinly-sliced pepperoni**
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 + 1/2 tablespoons fresh basil, shredded or sliced
- Cornmeal for sprinkling on baking tray
- Garnishes: grated Parmesan, red pepper flakes, basil pesto (homemade or store bought), black olives as an optional add-on
- Pop open the tube of pizza crust and lay it flat on an extra-large cutting board. With a rolling pin, even out the edges to make them straight. Your finished rectangle should be approximately 10X14 inches or slightly smaller.
- Add pizza sauce to the center of the crust. With a spoon or spatula, spread it evenly over the surface of the dough. Sprinkle garlic powder and oregano on top.
- Sprinkle shredded mozzarella cheese onto the pizza in an even layer. Arrange the pepperoni slices on top of the cheese. Add grated parmesan and a bit of shredded basil.
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Tightly roll the long end of the rectangle upward to form a nice-looking log. If there’s time, place the log into the freezer on the cutting board or cookie sheet. Leave it there for 10-12 minutes. This will help firm up the dough a bit to make slicing the pizza bites much easier!
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. If you have a pizza stone, now is a great time to use it! Sprinkle corn meal onto the baking tray or pizza stone. This will give the baked pepperoni rolls an added bit of texture and crunch!
- Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until the pizza rolls are beautifully golden. Remove from the oven.
- Arrange the mini pizzas on a serving tray. Sprinkle them with grated Parmesan and chili flakes. Lightly drizzle pesto on top. Serve with a bowl of black olives and a beverage of choice.
*Be sure to use a classic pizza crust NOT a thin crust. A thin crust will start falling apart as you roll it.
*One 7-ounce pack of thinly-sliced pepperoni has approximately 63 pieces.
- Category: Appetizers, Party, Snacks
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American, Italian
Keywords: homemade pizza rolls, pesto pizza rolls, pizza roll recipe