Delicious pumpkin mousse is an impressive no-bake dessert that’s easy to make in just 5 minutes. Refrigerate 2 hours before serving, or up to 3 days. It’s an ideal make-ahead recipe for Thanksgiving Day.
- 2 cups (very cold) heavy cream, divided
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 1/4 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups pumpkin puree
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup (cold) whole milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) Jello-brand vanilla pudding mix
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/4 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
FOR GARNISHING: whipped cream and ginger snap cookies
RECIPE PREP: Chill the metal bowl from a stand mixer and the metal whisk attachment in the freezer for 20 minutes.
- Add 1 1/2 cups of heavy cream, maple syrup and vanilla extract to the chilled bowl of a stand mixer with whisk attachment. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes or until stiff peaks form. Transfer whipped cream to a different bowl and refrigerate. (There’s no need to wash out the metal bowl.)
- Add pumpkin puree and softened cream cheese to the metal bowl of the stand mixer. Beat until combined. With the mixer on low speed, slowly add remaining 1/2 cup of heavy cream and the whole milk. Mix to combine.
- Sprinkle vanilla pudding mix into the bowl. Whip on medium speed for 2 minutes until or fully incorporated and slightly thickened. Detach the bowl from stand mixer. Add the whipped cream back into the bowl. With a rubber spatula gently fold it into the pudding mixture. It’s important not to stir or mix it.
- Spoon pumpkin mousse into parfait dishes, bowls, or small glass jars. For a fancier look, use a piping bag with metal tip. Chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours. Just before serving, crumble gingersnap cookies over the top. Garnish with a dollop of whipped cream and a gingersnap cookie.
MAKE-AHEAD THANKSGIVING RECIPE: When stored in a covered container and refrigerated, this dessert will last up to 3 days. But for the best taste and texture, serve and enjoy the mousse within 1 to 2 days.
- Prep Time: 5 Minutes
- Cook Time: 0 Minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Mixing
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Pumpkin Mousse, Pumpkin Mousse Recipe, Pumpkin Cheesecake Mousse, Pumpkin Mousse Parfait