Fluffy pumpkin pie dip is a real crowd pleaser. This wonderful appetizer is just as tasty and scrumptious as a home-baked Thanksgiving pie. Once your guests taste this delicious pumpkin pie dip it’ll go fast and they’ll be craving more of this yumminess. Because I like to be prepared, I always double the ingredients to make two batches. I serve up the first batch while the second batch is stored in the refrigerator patiently waiting for its turn. Don’t be surprised if friends and family ask you for your special pumpkin pie dip recipe.
It takes only a few main ingredients to make a light and fluffy pumpkin pie dip. You probably already have several of the basic ingredients sitting in your pantry and spice rack. Start by placing a metal mixing bowl and beater in the freezer to get cold. You’ll need this for making the homemade whipped cream that’s used in this pumpkin pie dip recipe. If you’re in a serious time crunch, you can use Cool Whip instead. If you go this route, add 1-1/2 teaspoons of vanilla extract to the pumpkin pie mixture so it’ll have a similar flavor.
In a separate mixing bowl, place the softened cream cheese, canned 100% pure pumpkin (not the pumpkin pie mix. Be careful – these products look very similar!), powdered sugar, light-brown sugar, pure Mexican vanilla (or vanilla extract), pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon and a pinch of salt all together. On medium speed, blend everything until nice and creamy smooth. This part doesn’t take long!
Pull out your metal mixing bowl and whip from the freezer. It’s time to whip up a fresh batch of fabulous whipped cream. You can see how super quick and easy it is to make whipped cream from scratch by referring to my homemade whipped cream post.
With a spatula, gently fold the whipped cream into the pumpkin pie dip mixture. Mmmm…this is when I really get excited! From this image you can see that this flavorful pumpkin pie dip is delightfully light and fluffy. Refrigerate the pumpkin pie dip for about 30 minutes. To speed things up I often pop the mixing bowl into the freezer for 20 minutes. Then voila! Your pumpkin pie dip is now ready to enjoy with your party guests.
Transfer the pumpkin pie dip to a small serving bowl. If you have a cute little pumpkin bowl, now is the perfect time to use it! I like garnishing my pumpkin pie dip with a cookie or two. It’s just like placing a beautiful decorative bow in a little girl’s hair. It’s the crown on this pumpkin pie dip! And to give your appetizer an extra boost of delicious pumpkin pie flavor, you can sprinkle a little bit of cinnamon over the top of your pumpkin pie dip, like I’ve done here. Sometimes it’s just the final little touches that can make an appetizer look stunning!
Surround the pumpkin pie dip with a variety of your favorite cookies. Here I’ve included tea ring cookies, graham crackers, Nilla wafers, and animal crackers. Whenever I see a box of Nilla wafers I always think of my Grandma Mercie. She used to love this type of cookie. She’d often have a box of them sitting in her cupboard waiting to enjoy them with her morning coffee, or with a small cup of vanilla ice cream after dinner.
All the festive cookies and pumpkin pie dip you see here will be making it’s way to my husband’s workplace tomorrow. As always, I’ve made a double batch of this deliciousness. It’s so fun to send yummy treats to a fabulous group of people I know will enjoy them! You can also serve pumpkin pie dip with fruit, like crisp and yummy apple slices. Or for the ultimate fall appetizer party tray, place your pumpkin dip side by side with a small bowl of scrumptious caramel apple dip! Surround them both with cookies, crackers and fruit.
Here’s one last look at this scrumptious pumpkin pie dip before it’s packed up and put in the refrigerator to be enjoyed by the engineers and other office mates tomorrow! Pumpkin pie dip will stay fresh for up to one week in the refrigerator when stored in an air-tight container.
Pumpkin Pie Dip > Shop This Post
I bought my cute little pumpkin serving bowl at World Market. This year the pumpkin’s stem is a lovely metallic copper color. While I was there I picked up a few extras to give as gifts. There are a few similar pumpkin pie dip dish you can buy on Amazon.
Fluffy pumpkin pie dip is a real crowd pleaser. This wonderful appetizer is just as tasty and scrumptious as a home-baked Thanksgiving pie.
PUMPKIN PIE DIP MIXTURE – INGREDIENTS
- 1 8-ounce block of cream cheese, softened
- 1+3/4 cup powdered sugar (confectioners sugar)
- 1/4 cup light-brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1 cup 100% pure pumpkin, canned (NOT pumpkin pie mix)
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 batch homemade whipped cream – see ingredients below!
HOMEMADE WHIPPED CREAM – INGREDIENTS
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar (confectioners sugar)
- 1+1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
Place a metal mixing bowl and beater into the freezer for 20 minutes. You’ll want them to be cold for making the homemade whipped cream.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, blend together the softened cream cheese, powdered sugar, light-brown sugar, the canned pumpkin puree, a pinch of salt, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice until smooth and creamy.
- Pull out the metal mixing bowl and beater from the freezer. Add the heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar and vanilla extract. Whip these ingredients together starting on a low speed. Then gradually increase the mixing speed until it’s all the way on high. Continue whipping until soft peaks form. Once you start seeing the soft peaks, you’re almost there – continue whipping just a tiny bit longer. Pay close attention to the texture. Be careful not to over whip or the whipped cream will fall flat.
- With a spatula, gently fold the whipped cream into the pumpkin pie dip mixture. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Transfer the pumpkin pie dip to a small serving bowl. Garnish with a light sprinkling of cinnamon and a cute cookie. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Appetizer, Tea Time, Snack, Dessert, Party
- Method: Mixer
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: pumpkin pie dip, pumpkin pie dip recipe, pumpkin dip
?PIN IT TO PINTEREST
❤️OTHER DIP RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE
?CARAMEL APPLE DIP?
SCRUMPTIOUS 7 LAYER DIP
?LEMON WHIP FRUIT DIP?
AUTHENTIC MEXICAN GUACAMOLE
Pumpkin Pie Dip > Your Thoughts
Have you ever tasted a scrumptious pumpkin pie dip before? What do you think of this seasonal recipe? I’d love to hear from you in the comments below!