These beautiful rainbow Fruit Loop Treats are a fun spin on the traditional Rice Krispy Treats recipe.
- 5 tablespoons salted butter
- 2 teaspoons pure Mexican vanilla (or vanilla extract)
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 10-ounce bag of mini white marshmallows
- 7 cups Fruit Loops cereal
- 1 10-ounce bag mini rainbow marshmallows
- 1 white chocolate premium baking bar (4 ounces)
- Generously butter a large rectangular baking dish
- Butter two silicone spatulas
- Measure out all ingredients ahead of time – have them ready to go!
- Melt the butter in a large pot over medium heat. Add in the salt and vanilla. Stir.
- Add the white marshmallows to the pot. Stir until the marshmallows have completely melted.
- Add the Fruit Loops to the pot. Fold them into the marshmallow mixture. Keep the pot on the burner, but turn off the heat.
- Add the rainbow marshmallows to the pot and fold them into the mixture.
- Quickly transfer the sticky mixture to the buttered baking dish. Use the two buttered spatulas, and if needed, put a bit of butter or cooking spray on your hands. It’s a messy process, but so worth it! Press down firmly with a spatula and your hands to compact the rainbow Fruit Loop Treats into one even layer. Allow the treats to sit on your countertop in the baking dish until they cool down completely. Or you can put the baking dish into your freezer for 15-20 minutes to speed up the process.
- Cut the rainbow Fruit Loop Treats into 8 squares. Transfer the squares to a cooling rack that’s sitting on top of a cookie tray.
- Melt the white chocolate and transfer it to a Ziplock baggie. Cut a very small hole in one corner of the Ziplock. Pipe the chocolate onto the squares in a zig-zag pattern. Sprinkle the squares with candy confetti sprinkles. Enjoy!
A colorful twist on the traditional Rice Krispy Treats recipe!
- Prep Time: 45 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Category: Breakfast, Snack, Dessert, Party
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: fruit loop treats, rice krispies treats