Halloween candy corn Jello cups are a fantastic way to celebrate the beautiful, vibrant colors of the season. As lovely yellow, orange and red leaves start swirling in the wind within our yard and floating down our street just riding that cool breeze, my heart is filled with so much gratitude. I’m thankful for family, friends, a wonderful tree-filled neighborhood and a satisfying life often filled with adventure. When I look at these darling candy corn Jello cups I’m reminded of my daughters Ashley and Brooke when they were tiny. In my mind’s eye I can still see their precious smiles whenever they were surprised with special treats, much like these adorable Halloween candy corn Jello cups, in the midst of a full schedule of fun and festive fall activities.
There’s so much to love about these Halloween candy corn Jello cups! Not only are they super easy to make, but the ingredients for this special dessert recipe are very inexpensive. So there’s no breaking the bank to create these gourmet-looking treats. Here’s all you’ll need to make these fabulous Halloween candy corn Jello cups: two 3-ounce boxes of lemon Jell-O Gelatin, one 6-ounce box of orange Jell-O gelatin, boiling water, cold water, a container of Cool-Whip, and candy corn candies. That’s it. How wonderful is that?
To prepare these adorable candy corn Jello cups, it’s best to start making them in the morning. Each of the two Jell-O layers needs four hours of refrigeration in order to set and become firm. I started making these at 8 a.m. on Saturday morning, and they were ready to enjoy by 4:30 p.m. that evening. If you are just too excited to get these fun candy corn Jello cups made and enjoyed even quicker, you can use the simple directions for the “speed-set method” that’s listed right on the side of the box. This option reduces the refrigeration time from 4 hours down to 30-90 minutes. Woo-hoo! Festive Halloween candy corn Jello cups – here you come!
Begin by preparing the lemon Jell-O gelatin according to the directions right on the package. Take out eight glass dessert cups and place them right next to one another on your countertop. Visualize the end result. The yellow layer on the bottom can be slightly less than the upper orange layer – just like an actual candy corn candy has a shorter yellow top. Or you can choose to have both layers, yellow and orange, the same thickness within the dessert cups. Either way works! Your Halloween candy corn Jello cups will taste yummy just the same.
Slowly pour the lemon Jell-O into the eight clear-glass dessert cups. Because you have all of the dessert cups lined up in a row, it’s easy to see that each cup is filled to the same level. If one or more cups has more liquid gelatin than the others, simply use a tablespoon to scoop out the excess liquid and add it to the other cups to balance things out. Once you’re fully satisfied that all of the cups have an even amount of lemon Jell-O, refrigerate the dessert cups for four hours or until firm.
When I made these candy corn Jello cups I had leftover lemon Jell-O. So I just filled up an extra dessert cup that I already knew would just remain a solid yellow color. After the lemon gelatin has firmed up in the refrigerator, it’s time to make the orange layer. Repeat the process according to the package directions. Pour the orange Jell-O right on top of the lemon Jell-O layer. Again, check to see that you are filling each dessert cup to approximately the same level. Refrigerate the dessert cups once again until the orange layer becomes firm.
When preparing these lovely Halloween candy corn Jello cups for adults, you can skip the candy corn, the orange and yellow candy sprinkles, and the super-fun eyeball garnishes. These beautiful desserts look fancy, tall and regal all on their own without the fun kiddie twist! These candy corn Jello cups are the perfect dessert for Halloween parties, school classroom celebrations, and fall birthday parties. You can even serve this special Halloween dessert on Thanksgiving day as a final shout-out to the autumn season. And when your children have the flu, these fun candy corn Jello cups are a sure-fire way to brighten their day while getting a little something into their tummies. It’s a win/win situation for parents and children alike!
Halloween Candy Corn Jello Cups > SHOP THIS POST
The stemmed glassware I used for these candy corn Jello cups were purchased this past spring at Liverpool (like Macy’s or Nordstrom) in the Galerias Vallarta Shopping Mall in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico. But you can find a set of lovely glass dessert cups from online retailers like Amazon. If you select a set of tall dessert cups, it’s fun to finish off the look with a set of long-handled dessert spoons. Rather than an elongated head, I like my dessert spoons to have beautiful rounded-shaped heads, just like the ones you see below. But it’s just a matter of personal preference! What type do you like best?
Candy Corn Jello Cups
Yield 8 Servings
- 2 3-ounce boxes of lemon Jell-O gelatin
- 1 6-ounce box of orange Jell-O gelatin
- 4 cups boiling water
- 4 cups cold water
- 1 16-ounce tub of Cool Whip
- Optional garnishes: Wilton large candy eyes, yellow and orange candy sprinkles, candy corn
- Prepare the lemon Jell-O gelatin according to package directions. Partially fill 8 dessert cups 1/3 of the way up with the yellow liquid gelatin. Refrigerate for 4 hours or until firm.
- Prepare the orange Jell-O gelatin according to package directions. Pour the orange gelatin directly on top of the yellow layer. The orange layer can be either the same height/thickness as the yellow layer, or just slightly higher. Refrigerate the dessert cups for another 4 hours or until firm.
- Pipe Cool Whip onto the top of each candy corn Jello cup with a pastry bag (or use a quart-size Ziplock freezer bag with a small slit cut in one corner) and a decorating tip, or simply spoon on a generous dollop of Cool Whip on top of these desserts using a tablespoon. I used a Wilton size 12 decorating tip for these cute candy corn Jello cups.
- If preparing this dessert for children or a festive occasion, it's fun to garnish the candy corn Jello cups with orange and yellow candy sprinkles, candy corn and Wilton large eyeballs.
- You can refrigerate these lovely desserts for up to one week without the sprinkles, candy corn and Wilton eyeballs. Add these garnishes the same day you will be serving the candy corn Jello cups.
Courses Snack, Dessert, Holiday, Party
📌PIN IT TO PINTEREST
Save this festive CANDY CORN JELLO CUPS recipe for later!
❤️OTHER HALLOWEEN RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE
Halloween Candy Corn Jello Cups > Your Thoughts
Are you feeling the exciting vibe of autumn and Halloween? Do you decorate your home for the fall season? What do you think of these festive candy corn Jello cups? Who would you love to share one with? Tell me all about it in the comments below. I enjoy hearing from you!