Cinnabon Cinnamon Rolls | The Best Copycat Recipe
Most everyone loves a warm yummy cinnamon roll! If you’ve had the pleasure of tasting the pure deliciousness of Cinnabon cinnamon rolls at the airport or a shopping mall, you’re familiar with their awesome goodness. Once you take a bite of these mouth-watering pastries I think you’ll agree, this copycat Cinnabon recipe captures the flavor of the name-brand product.
In years past, I owned a cookie dough (and more) fundraising company. One of the brand-name products I chose to carry were Cinnabon cinnamon rolls. These heavenly pastries were a huge seller! So naturally I wanted to uncover the secret recipe for how to make Cinnabon cinnamon rolls at home. Having numerous pallets stacked high with large cases of Cinnabon product, I had a bit of an edge in making this happen. One week I pulled a case of Cinnabon out of cold storage to use as taste-test samples. Then I began to experiment with cinnamon roll recipes in my kitchen. After trial and error I discovered the perfect ingredient combination. Here’s how to make these scrumptious, fluffy cinnamon rolls at home. They’re guaranteed to tickle your taste buds and have you dreaming about baking up your next batch!
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links for items I think you’ll love! If you purchase through a link I may earn a small commission (your cost is not affected). It keeps this site up and allows me to provide beautiful content.
Cinnamon Roll Recipe | Cinnabon Cinnamon Rolls | Ingredients for Dough
- 1 packet active dry yeast OR rapid rise yeast (2 + 1/4 teaspoons)
- 1 cup warm milk
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 4 + 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
Cinnamon Roll Recipe | Cinnabon Cinnamon Rolls | Ingredients for Filling
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3 tablespoons ground cinnamon
Cinnamon Roll Recipe | Cinnabon Cinnamon Rolls | Ingredients for Icing
- 1 stick butter (8 tablespoons)
- 1 + 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup cream cheese
- 1 + 1/2 teaspoons pure Mexican vanilla (or vanilla extract)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
Cinnamon Roll Recipe | Cinnabon Cinnamon Rolls | Directions for Dough
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, dissolve the yeast in the warm milk.
- Add all of the other dough ingredients to the bowl and mix with a flat beater.
- Detach the flat beater and switch to the dough hook for kneading.
- Knead the dough for about 4 minutes. The dough should be soft and smooth.
- Grease a clean mixing bowl with butter.
- Transfer the cinnamon roll dough to the buttered bowl.
- Cover the bowl with a clean kitchen towel. Allow dough to rise for one hour or until doubled in size.
Cinnamon Roll Recipe | Cinnabon Cinnamon Rolls | Directions for Filling
- Transfer the cinnamon roll dough to a clean pastry board.
- Roll out the dough into a rectangle that’s 16 X 21 inches, and 1/4 inch thick.
- With a spatula, spread softened butter evenly over the cinnamon roll dough.
- In a small bowl, mix the cinnamon and sugar together.
- Using a sugar shaker, sprinkle the cinnamon sugar evenly over the entire surface of the dough.
- Starting at the long end, carefully roll the dough into a log.
- Cut the log into 12 cinnamon rolls.
- Grease one or two baking dishes with butter.
- Evenly space the cinnamon rolls inside the baking dish leaving enough space in between the rolls.
- Cover the baking dish with a towel. Allow cinnamon rolls to rise for 30 minutes or until doubled in size.
- Adjust the baking rack within your oven to the middle position.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Uncover the cinnamon rolls and put the baking dish into the oven.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, or until the top of the cinnamon rolls are a light golden brown.
PREPARE THE ICING WHILE THE CINNAMON ROLLS ARE BAKING
- In a mixing bowl whip the butter, cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Using an icing spatula, frost the cinnamon rolls with icing while they’re still warm.
- Enjoy these scrumptious copycat Cinnabon cinnamon rolls!
- Cover leftover cinnamon rolls with plastic wrap and store at room temperature.
Cinnamon Roll Recipe | Cinnabon Cinnamon Rolls | Yield
This Cinnabon Copycat Recipe yields 12 scrumptious cinnamon rolls.