These gorgeous peanut butter blossoms taste just as delightful as they look! This elevated peanut butter cookie flaunts a delicious chocolate kiss smack in the middle. Peanut butter blossoms are a perfect Valentine’s Day treat, but these scrumptious cookies are also enjoyed all year round. Born in 1957, the first peanut butter blossom recipe was introduced to the world during a Pillsbury bake-off contest. Since then these little darlings have become one of America’s favorite cookies.
Ingredients for Peanut Butter Blossoms Recipe
These are all the ingredients you’ll need to bake up a batch of sweet and adorable peanut butter blossom cookies: shortening, creamy peanut butter, granulated sugar, light-brown sugar, one egg, milk, vanilla extract, all-purpose flour, baking soda, sea salt, and chocolate candy kisses.
How to Make Peanut Butter Blossom Cookies
You’re going to love how quick and easy it is to make peanut butter blossom cookies! In the bowl of a stand mixer, add the shortening and peanut butter. Beat these two ingredients until they’re well blended. Add in the granulated sugar and light-brown sugar. Beat until the mixture is light and fluffy. Add in the milk, egg, vanilla extract, baking soda and salt. Mix well. Add in the all-purpose flour and mix until well incorporated.
Easy Peanut Butter Blossoms
Adjust your oven rack to the center position. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Fill a small bowl with 1/3 granulated sugar and put it aside. Take out two cookie sheets. Transfer the cookie dough from the bowl of the stand mixer to a pastry board or cutting board. This peanut butter blossoms recipe makes 48 cookies.
Divide the dough into four equal pieces. Start with the first piece of cookie dough. Divide it into 12 equal-sized one-inch balls. Don’t worry about how tiny they look right now, because they’ll expand and puff up in the oven. They’ll end up being the size you see in the images on this page. Dip and roll each of the little peanut butter blossoms in the granulated sugar until they’re well coated. Place the peanut butter blossoms on a cookie sheet, leaving a space of two-inches in between the cookies.
How to Bake Peanut Butter Blossoms
Bake each tray of peanut butter blossoms for 8 minutes. When the cookies are ready to be pulled out of the oven they should be very lightly golden brown, a little bit puffy, and look nice and tender with some nice cracks on the surface. Immediately press a chocolate candy kiss into the center of each hot cookie. The cookies will further crack around the edges, which is perfectly fine! That’s the wonderful, scrumptious look we want.
Delicious Peanut Butter Blossoms Recipe
I love to enjoy my first peanut butter blossom while it’s still warm. Mmmm…the taste is fabulous! Allow the rest of the cookies to sit on the cookie sheet and cool completely. If company is coming over, serve your cute peanut butter blossom cookies on a tiered stand. Enjoy with milk, hot chocolate, tea or coffee. Store any uneaten cookies in an air-tight container. They’ll stay fresh for up to five days.
Favorite Kitchen Tools for Peanut Butter Blossom Recipe
Peanut Butter Blossoms Recipe
Yield 48 Cookies
This elevated peanut butter cookie flaunts a delicious chocolate kiss smack in the middle. Peanut butter blossoms are a perfect Valentine's Day treat, but these scrumptious cookies are also enjoyed all year round.
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light-brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 + 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 48 chocolate candy kisses
- 1/3 cup additional granulated sugar for rolling
- Adjust oven rack to the middle position. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Remove wrappers from the chocolate kisses. Add 1/3 granulated sugar to a small bowl and set it aside. Take out two cookie sheets.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, add the peanut butter and shortening. Mix until well blended. Add the granulated sugar and light-brown sugar. Beat the mixture until it's light and fluffy. Add the egg, milk, vanilla extract, baking soda and salt. Beat well. Add the flour and mix until fully incorporated. If needed, scrape down the bowl and continue mixing.
- Transfer the cookie dough to a pastry board or cutting board. Divide the dough into four equal pieces. Start with the first piece of dough: divide it into 12 pieces. With clean hands, roll each piece into a one-inch ball. Dip and roll the peanut butter blossoms in the small bowl of granulated sugar, coating each piece well. Place the cookies two-inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake the cookies for 8 minutes. The peanut butter blossoms are done baking when they're very lightly golden brown, a bit puffed up and have started to develop some nice cracks all over the surface. As soon as you pull the cookies out of the oven, immediately press a chocolate candy kiss into the center of each one. The peanut butter blossom cookies will further crack around the edges which is exactly the lovely look we're going for!
- Eat one or two cookies right away while they're still warm - you deserve it! Allow the rest of the batch to remain on the cookie sheets until they've completely cooled. Transfer the cookies to a tiered dessert stand or serving plate. Enjoy with a glass of milk, hot chocolate, coffee or tea. The cookies will stay fresh for 3-5 days if placed in an air-tight container.
Courses Dessert, Party
PEANUT BUTTER BLOSSOMS RECIPE > PIN IT TO PINTEREST
Save this classic PEANUT BUTTER BLOSSOMS cookie recipe for later!
MORE COOKIE RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE
If you enjoyed these peanut butter blossom cookies, you’ll really love these cookie recipes too!
PEANUT BUTTER BLOSSOMS > YOUR THOUGHTS
What are your favorite types of cookies? Would you like to bake up a batch of these yummy peanut butter blossoms? I’d love to hear your thoughts about this cookie recipe in the comments below.