Ham and Cheese Pockets | A Quick & Easy Snack You’ll Love
My family loves yummy cheesy snacks. And what I love even more are delicious snacks and lunches that are quick and easy to prepare. These savory ham and cheese pockets are just the ticket!
Ham and cheese pockets are a delicious, flaky, satisfying snack you and your family will love. When they’re in the oven baking my whole kitchen smells so darn scrumptious! When I get ready to bake up a batch I usually double the recipe because I know around my home they won’t last long. My husband will take a group of these ham and cheese pockets with him to work so he can enjoy them as snacks throughout the week.
Disclosure: This page contains affiliate links for items I think you’ll love! If you make a purchase I may receive a small commission (your cost is not affected). It keeps this site up and allows me to provide beautiful content.
Although you can use frozen puff pastry sheets to make this recipe, I make my own homemade puff pastry. Why? Because it’s super quick and easy, and I think it tastes 100 times better than its store-bought version. You too can make this awesome puff pastry recipe in just 15 minutes with three simple ingredients!
Ham and Cheese Pockets | Fabulous Kitchen Tools You Need
10 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- 2 batches of homemade puff pastry dough (see link to the recipe within this post)
- 4-8 slices cheddar cheese, cut to size
- 8 slices ham or Canadian bacon (more if preferred)
- 1 egg, cracked & whisked with a fork
- Adjust your oven rack to the middle position.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Roll out each batch of dough into a 12X8-inch rectangle. Slice into fourths.
- Arrange ham and cheese on the top half of each section of puff pastry.
- The amount of ham and cheese you use is according to your personal preference!
- Brush whisked egg on all four sides of each puff pastry section.
- For each pocket, fold the bottom up and over the filling.
- Using your fingertips, lightly press the edges of the dough together to seal the pocket.
- Press a fork around three edges of each pocket to further seal the dough.
- Brush the top of each pocket with a bit of the whisked egg.
- Prick the top of each pocket with a fork so steam can vent out while baking.
- Arrange Ham & Cheese Pockets on a pizza stone or a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
- Remove from the oven. Allow your pockets to sit for about 5 minutes before serving.
- Enjoy these delicious Ham & Cheese Pockets!
Instead of homemade puff pastry you can use store-bought product:
1 box frozen puff pastry sheets, 17 ounces (2 sheets).
Cut each frozen sheet into four squares. Lightly roll out the two sheets so they're a bit larger in size. Cut each sheet into fourths.
Ham and Cheese Pockets | More Ideas for Homemade Hot Pockets
For the ham and cheese pockets above I used thinly sliced ham for four of the pockets and Canadian bacon with extra cheese for the other half. Below are additional ideas for making homemade hot pockets:
- Chicken and cheese
- Bacon and cheese
- Pepperoni and cheese
- Seasoned beef and cheese
- Scrambled egg and cheese
- Broccoli and cheese
- Jalapenos and cheese
Do you have other ideas for making homemade hot pockets? What’s your favorite filling? I’d love to hear from you in the comment section below. To save this scrumptious ham and cheese pocket recipe for later, be sure to pin your favorite image to Pinterest. Thanks so much for stopping by for a visit!
What to Read Next…
If you loved this yummy ham and cheese pocket recipe, here are more delicious recipes I know you’ll enjoy!