When it comes to tuna salad stuffed avocado, this is one of the tastiest recipes you’ll find! When my husband and I are in Mexico, we love the fabulous stuffed avocados at our friend Colin’s beachfront restaurant “Breakers” in Bucerias. When our friend Alejandra hosts parties in Nuevo Vallarta, she usually makes her famous tuna salad dip. Now that I’m back in California, I whipped up this fabulous recipe in honor of both Colin and Alejandra. Their stuffed avocado and tuna salad recipes provided the inspiration for today’s yummy creation.
Ingredients for Tuna Salad Stuffed Avocado Recipe
The best stuffed avocados are created with a delicious mixture of fresh ingredients. This Mexican-inspired recipe includes: ripe avocados, Albacore tuna, softened cream cheese, mayonnaise, mustard, red onion, bell pepper, jalapeno, Knorr brand “Caldo Con Sabor de Pollo” (chicken-flavor bouillon granules), ground black pepper, Maggi Seasoning, lemon juice, Romaine lettuce, salt, grape tomatoes and cilantro. From start to finish it takes only 20 minutes to make delicious tuna salad stuffed avocados!
Tuna Salad Recipe for Stuffed Avocado
For this quick and easy meal, start by making the tuna salad recipe. In the bowl of a stand mixer, add the softened cream cheese, tuna, mayonnaise, mustard, diced red onion, diced bell pepper, diced jalapeno, Knorr chicken-flavor granulated bouillon, black pepper, Maggi Seasoning and lemon juice. Using the flat beater attachment, mix until all ingredients are well incorporated. With a mixing spoon, gently fold in the strips of Romaine lettuce.
How to Make Stuffed Avocado
Cut four avocados in half and remove the pits. Brush the avocados with lemon juice, and lightly sprinkle each half with a bit of salt and pepper. Using a 1/4 measuring cup, add a rounded scoop of tuna salad to each half of avocado. Garnish the tuna salad stuffed avocados with diced grape tomatoes and a few sprigs of cilantro.
How to Serve Tuna Salad Stuffed Avocado
Serve this festive meal with a side of crispy Mexican tostada rounds, restaurant-style tortilla chips, or a selection of your favorite crackers.
What I love most about this healthy recipe is that it’s super versatile! In addition to serving tuna salad stuffed avocados, this yummy ingredient combination can be enjoyed several different ways. You can butter up a few slices of sourdough bread and grill them on the stovetop. Use the grilled sourdough bread to make fabulous tuna salad sandwiches that include lettuce, tomato and thick slices of ripe avocado. You can also serve this recipe as an appetizer! Simply transfer the tuna salad mixture to a small bowl. Garnish the tuna salad with sliced avocado, diced tomato and sprigs of cilantro. Surround the dip bowl with pieces of thinly sliced baguette, corn chips, tortilla chips, tostada chips, or a variety of specialty crackers. Whichever way you decided to serve this delicious recipe, one thing’s for sure, your taste buds will be dancing with happiness!
Tuna salad stuffed avocados are perfect as hearty appetizers for two, as well as lunch, snacks, dinner and fiestas. Include this festive recipe for Cinco de Mayo celebrations!
Mexican Serveware and Party Supplies
Gorgeous strands of Mexican pom-pom garland is thought to bring good luck. In the colorful bohemian beach town of Sayulita, Mexico you’ll see strands upon strands of this vibrant decorative item everywhere. They’re sold at vendor stalls and in small boutiques. Long multi-color strands ending in tassels are hung outside shops and restaurants. This past weekend I stopped by “Gypsy”, one of my favorite shops in the surfer town of Sayulita to pick up a few strands of Mexican pom-pom garland as well as the lovely Mexican napkins shown in the images on this page. The colors of Mexico are the perfect backdrop for this festive tuna salad avocado recipe.
Tuna Salad Stuffed Avocado
Yield 8 Avocado Halves
- 3 5-ounce cans of Albacore tuna, well drained (drained weight of each can is 4 ounces)
- 1 8-ounce block of cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 3 tablespoons red onion, finely diced
- 3 tablespoons green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon jalapeno, finely diced
- 1+1/2 tablespoons lemon juice (plus a little more for brushing on avocado halves)
- 1/2 teaspoon Maggi Seasoning
- 1+1/2 teaspoons Knorr brand "Caldo con Sabor de Pollo" (chicken-flavor bouillon granules)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3-4 Romaine lettuce leaves, chopped or sliced into short thin strips
- 4 Haas avocados cut in half
- Salt and pepper - for sprinkling directly onto avocado halves
- Garnish #1: diced grape tomatoes
- Garnish #2: sprigs of cilantro
- Begin by preparing the tuna salad recipe. In the bowl of a stand mixer, add the tuna, softened cream cheese, mayonnaise, mustard, red onion, bell pepper, jalapeno, lemon juice, Maggi seasoning, chicken-flavor bouillon granules, and black pepper. Mix with the flat beater attachment until all ingredients are incorporated. With a wooden spoon or spatula, gently fold the sliced lettuce into the tuna salad mixture.
- Cut each of the four avocados in half, length-wise. Lightly sprinkle or brush the inside of each avocado half with a bit of lemon juice to prevent browning. Sprinkle each avocado portion with salt and pepper.
- Using a 1/4 measuring cup, scoop rounded portions into the halved avocados. Garnish with diced tomatoes and a few sprigs of cilantro.
- Serve with Mexican tostada rounds, restaurant-style tortilla chips, thinly sliced baguette pieces, or your favorite crackers. Enjoy!
Courses Appetizer, Snack, Lunch, Dinner, Party
Cuisine Mexican, Tex-Mex, American
TUNA SALAD STUFFED AVOCADO > PIN IT TO PINTEREST
Save this delicious avocado recipe for later!
MORE RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE
Tuna Salad Stuffed Avocado Recipe > Your Thoughts
Have you ever tried a stuffed avocado recipe? What do you think of these avocados stuffed with tuna salad? Would you serve them as an appetizer or a meal? I’d love to hear your thoughts in the comments below. Have a great day!