Rice Krispies Treats | Beautiful Hearts with Sprinkles
Are you looking for special Valentine’s Day classroom treats that are gorgeous AND easy to make? Then you’ll absolutely love this Rice Krispies Treats Recipe. It’s a throwback to the yummy Rice Krispies treats we enjoyed as children, but jazzed up a bit. Here’s exactly how I made the festive Rice Krispises Treats | Beautiful Hearts with Sprinkles shown on this page. These Valentine’s Day classroom treats are super simple to replicate. The results are stunning and delicious!
Disclosure: This page contains affiliate links for helpful items I think you’ll love! If you purchase through a link I may earn a small commission (at no extra cost to you). Thanks for your support.
Rice Krispies Treats Recipe: Ingredients
3 tablespoons salted butter
1 package (10 ounces) Jet-Puffed marshmallows OR 4 cups mini-marshmallows
6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
Valentine baking bling (micro hearts and sprinkles)
[bctt tweet=”Easy Valentine’s Day Recipe: Beautiful Rice Krispies Treats Hearts with Sprinkles!” via=”no”]
Rice Krispies Treats Recipe: Quick Prep Work
- Butter the bottom and sides of a 13 X 9 X 2-inch baking dish. Set it aside.
- Cut two lengths of waxed paper that are slightly larger than the baking dish. Set those aside.
- Lightly butter two heat-resistant spatulas and a heart-shaped cookie cutter. Set them aside.
Rice Krispies Treats Recipe: Instructions
- In a large pan melt the butter over low heat. Do not allow the butter to brown!
- Add in the package of marshmallows.
- With a buttered spatula, stir until the marshmallows are completely melted with no lumps.
- Remove the pan from heat.
- Immediately add the Rice Krispies to the pan.
- Stir until all of the cereal is coated.
- With the second buttered spatula, transfer the Rice Krispies to the baking dish and spread evenly.
- Using a piece of waxed paper, gently apply pressure to even out the thickness.
- Immediately sprinkle Valentine bling on top.
- Using the second piece of waxed paper, very gently and lightly press the Valentine bling in place.
- Immediately cut out heart-shaped Valentine Rice Krispies Treats. (Re-butter the cookie cutter as needed.)
Rice Krispies Treats Recipe: Best Way to Serve Valentine Rice Krispies Treats
For a festive touch, add a decorative Valentine toothpick topper to each Rice Krispies Treat. Arrange and serve Valentine’s Day Rice Krispies Treats on a beautiful red platter that will make the look of these special treats really pop. For Valentine’s Day classroom treats, package individual heart-shaped Rice Krispies Treats in clear cellophane treat bags. Decoratively tie each treat bag with lovely red and white twine. For more Valentine’s Day bling, cut out hearts from red construction paper. Write a cute Valentine’s Day message on each heart. Punch a hole near the top middle of each heart and string them onto the cellophane treat bags.
PIN A RICE KRISPIES TREATS IMAGE TO PINTEREST
I hope you enjoyed this post on how to make Rice Krispies Treats for Valentine’s Day! Keep checking back for more Valentine’s Day inspiration.
Below are beautiful Valentine’s Day printables just for you. CLICK THROUGH to view the entire collection. xoxo