Roasted asparagus is a quick and easy vegetable side dish that pairs beautifully with an endless variety of entrees, including delicious Italian meals.
- 1 pound fresh thin asparagus
- Good-quality olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- Finely-grated Parmesan cheese
- Sea salt
- Freshly-ground pepper
- 1 lemon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Rinse asparagus and pat dry with a clean kitchen towel. Snap off or slice off the thick, tough woody ends.
- Add asparagus to a zip-top kitchen bag. Drizzle olive oil over the asparagus. Add pressed garlic. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Toss the stalks until they’re well coated.
- Transfer to a baking tray. Arrange asparagus in a single or double layer. Place in oven. Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until the stalks have become slightly wilted and tender.
- Transfer roasted asparagus to a serving dish. Brighten the flavor with a squeeze of lemon just before serving.