Roasted pumpkin seeds are a fall favorite the whole family will enjoy! Mix and match spices with this delightful pumpkin seed recipe.
One or more fresh whole pumpkins (medium or large)*
SALT & PEPPER PUMPKIN SEEDS
- Olive oil
- Flaky salt
- Freshly-ground pepper
SUGAR & SPICE PUMPKIN SEEDS
- Melted butter
- Granulated sugar
- Pumpkin pie spice
- Ground cinnamon
- Make a circular cut around the pumpkin stem and remove the top. With a spoon scrape down the inside of the pumpkin to remove the pulp and seeds. In a bowl, separate the seeds from the pumpkin pulp.
- Transfer the seeds to a colander and rinse them thoroughly. Dry the seeds between paper towels. On a baking tray lined with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat, arrange the pumpkin seeds in a single layer.
- For crisp roasted pumpkin seeds the seeds must be completely dry! Allow the seeds to dry in room temperature on your countertop for two hours OR put the tray of pumpkin seeds in a warm 200 degree oven stirring every five minutes until dry.
SALT & PEPPER ROASTED PUMPKIN SEEDS
- Adjust oven rack to the center position. Heat oven to 325 degrees.
- Drizzle olive oil over the pumpkin seeds. Stir and mix to coat the seeds. Add salt and pepper in the amount desired. Arrange the seeds in a flat layer on a lined baking tray.
- Bake pumpkin seeds. Stir every 5 minutes until golden and crisp, about 20 minutes.
SUGAR AND SPICE ROASTED PUMPKIN SEEDS
- Adjust oven rack to the middle. Preheat oven to 325.
- Drizzle melted butter over the pumpkin seeds. Stir to coat the seeds. Sprinkle the seeds with two tablespoons granulated sugar, 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice, and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon. Mix well. Adjust the seasonings as desired.
- Transfer seeds to a lined cookie sheet. Spread them out in an even layer and bake. Stir every 5 minutes until golden and crispy. Baking time about 20 minutes.
For this pumpkin seed recipe use the seeds from as many pumpkins as you’d like! The amount of seeds you see in my images is from three medium-sized pumpkins.
- Prep Time: 35 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Roasted Pumpkin Seeds, sweet pumpkin seeds, spicy roasted pumpkin seeds, how to roast pumpkin seeds