Get ready to salivate over this delicious salmon sheet pan dinner! Healthy salmon and fork-tender asparagus are drizzled in a luscious lemon-garlic-butter sauce. This dish is garnished with fresh herbs and slices of lemon.
- 2 center-cut salmon filets (6 ounces each)
- 3/4 pound baby asparagus, with ends trimmed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 1/2 lemons, juiced
- 3 cloves garlic, pressed or minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme, minced
- Sea salt, as desired
- Lemon pepper, as desired
- 4 slices fresh lemon
GARNISH: Fresh Italian parsley, chopped
RECIPE PREP: Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a large baking sheet with foil to prevent the salmon from sticking to the surface, and for easy clean-up.
- Place pieces of salmon and lemon slices on one half of the baking tray. Trim off woody ends from the baby asparagus. Arrange the veggies on the other end of the tray.
- In a small bowl whisk together olive oil, melted butter, lemon juice, garlic, thyme, sea salt and lemon pepper. Generously brush salmon and asparagus with the mixture. Sprinkle fish and veggies with sea salt and lemon pepper.
- Roast the salmon sheet pan dinner for 10 minutes. Flip over the asparagus spears. Roast an additional 5 minutes or until asparagus is fork tender. Remove veggies from the tray.
- Return salmon to the oven. Broil 2 to 3 minutes on high heat, or until it’s cooked through and the top is golden brown and crisp.
HOW TO SERVE THIS SHEET PAN DINNER: Arrange salmon and asparagus over fluffy white rice. Drizzle remaining lemon garlic-butter mixture over the fish and veggies. Garnish with freshly-chopped parsley. Serve and enjoy immediately.
HOW TO TELL IF SALMON IS FULLY COOKED: Raw salmon is translucent red. As it cooks the color changes to an opaque pink. After cooking 8 to 10 minutes, it should be tender, juicy, and begin to flake. Use a meat thermometer to check for doneness. The temperature of cooked salmon is between 110°F and 140°F. For rare fish: 110°F to 125°F. For medium rare to well-done: 125°F to 140°F.
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 20 Minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Salmon Sheet Pan Dinner, Lemon Garlic Salmon, Lemon Garlic Butter Salmon, Sheet Pan Salmon with Veggies, Salmon and Asparagus