This no-churn salted caramel ice cream is rich, creamy and decadent. It’s the perfect cold summer treat on hot-weather days. Serve in ice cream dishes or waffle cones with an extra drizzle of caramel sauce.
- 2 cups cold heavy cream
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup salted caramel sauce (homemade or store-bought), divided
RECIPE PREP: Make salted caramel sauce and and chill it in the fridge (unless using store-bought). Line a 9×5 metal loaf pan with parchment paper. Chill it in the freezer along with the bowl and paddle attachement from a stand mixer.
- Pour heavy cream into the chilled bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Beat on medium-high speed for about 2 minutes or until stiff peaks form.
- Unhook and remove the bowl from the stand mixer. Pour in the sweetened condensed milk, vanilla extract, and 1/4 cup salted caramel sauce. With a rubber spatula, fold the creamy mixture together until well combined.
- Transfer half of the ice cream base into the prepared loaf pan. Drizzle 2 to 4 tablespoons caramel sauce on top. Add remaining ice cream base. Spread it into an even layer. Smooth it out on top. Cover and freeze 2 hours, or until thick and creamy (consistency of soft-serve).
- Remove pan from freezer. With a spoon, swirl in 2 to 4 tablespoons caramel sauce on top. Tightly wrap the loaf pan in a double layer of plastic wrap. Return to freezer until fully set (an additional 3 to 4 hours, but preferably overnight). When it’s ready, the consistency should be firm and scoopable.
HOW TO STORE ICE CREAM: Press a piece of parchment paper (or plastic wrap) directly down on the surface of the ice cream to protect it from air and minimize ice crystal formation. Then attach a tight-fitting lid. If using a metal loaf pan, protect the surface of the dessert with parchment paper then tightly wrap pan in a double layer of plastic wrap. Always store ice cream at the back of the freezer to avoid abrupt temperature changes (from opening and closing the freezer) which cause freezer burn.
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Freeze Time: 5 Hours
- Cook Time: 0 Minutes
- Category: Ice Cream
- Method: No-Churn
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Salted Caramel Ice Cream, Sea Salt Caramel Ice Cream, Salted Caramel Ice Cream Recipe, Caramel Ice Cream