Most everyone loves warm, freshly-baked chocolate chip cookies! These scrumptious salted chocolate chip cookies are seriously awesome. They’ll tickle your taste buds with the perfect combination of sweet and salty!
- 2 sticks good-quality unsalted butter (1 cup), softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup light-brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 1/2 teaspoons Mexican vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 bag semi-sweet chocolate chips (12 ounces)
- Sea salt flakes
- Adjust oven rack to center position. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line cookie sheets with silicone baking mats or parchment paper
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream butter, sugars, and vanilla until light and creamy.
- Add in eggs and blend again.
- Add in baking soda, cornstarch and salt. Blend briefly.
- Gradually add in flour and mix until combined.
- Add in 2/3 of the package of chocolate chips. Blend briefly until incorporated. Reserve remaining chocolate chips for later.
- Using a cookie scoop, place rounded scoopfuls of cookie dough onto lined cookie sheets.
- Put only one cookie sheet into the oven at a time. Bake for approximately 12-14 minutes or until cookies are just barely golden on the edges, puffy on top, yet slightly undercooked. Monitor the cookies carefully. Do not over bake!
- Remove cookie tray from oven and immediately hand press several additional chocolate chips into each cookie. Sprinkle the cookies with flakes of sea salt. Allow the cookies to remain on the hot cookie sheet until cooled.
- To control the salt content in these scrumptious cookies, this recipe calls for unsalted butter. However, if you’d like to use salted butter instead, just dial down the sea salt in this cookie dough recipe from 1 teaspoon to 1/2 teaspoon.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Category: Dessert, Cookies, Snack
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chocolate chip cookies, salted chocolate chip cookies, chocolate chip cookie recipe, best chocolate chip cookies, homemade chocolate chip cookies, kid friendly