Bisquick sausage cheese balls are a classic southern favorite! Ideal for holiday parties, they’re also tasty Game Day appetizers. Make them in advance and freeze until needed. So easy. So delicious!
SAUSAGE CHEESE BALLS
- 1 pound (uncooked) Jimmy Dean hot pork sausage*
- 1 pound (4 cups) cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 1/2 cups Bisquick baking mix
GARNISH AND DIP
- GARNISH: Fresh rosemary or Italian parsley
- DIP: Ketchup, BBQ sauce, or boom boom sauce
OPTIONAL/AS NEEDED: If the mixture needs more moisture to hold the balls together, add up to 1/4 cup milk or water.
RECIPE PREP: Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a baking tray with a reusable silicone baking mat or a parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, gently combine sausage, cheese, and Bisquick. Take care not to compact ingredients too tightly while mixing. If mixture is dry (this depends on type of sausage used and how lean it is), add milk or water up to 1/4 cup, or until the mixture is moist enough to hold together well when formed into balls.
- With a small metal scoop, create balls (about 1 tablespoon each). Lightly roll each piece between the palms of your hands to make them as round as possible. Place sausage cheese balls on the lined baking tray spacing the pieces 2 inches apart.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes, or until sausage cheese balls are golden on the outside and the internal temperature registers 145°F on an instant-read thermometer. Remove from oven.
- Transfer the Bisquick sausage cheese balls onto a paper towel-lined plate to briefly drain off any excess grease. Immediately arrange the appetizers on a tray along with a condiment-sized bowl of dipping sauce. Garnish as desired. Serve and enjoy while hot or at room temperature.
*I CAN’T FIND JIMMY DEAN SAUSAGE: No problem! Use any uncooked bulk sausage (preferably seasoned with herbs): hot Italian, sweet Italian, or any type of breakfast sausage. If there’s no bulk sausage at the store, buy breakfast sausage links instead. Slip the meat out of the casings. Discard the casings.
HOW TO STORE LEFTOVERS: Arrange sausage cheese balls in an air-tight container. Refrigerate up to 3 days. Rewarm the appetizers in the oven before serving.
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 15 Minutes
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Bisquick Sausage Cheese Balls, Sausage Cheese Balls, Sausage Cheese Balls Recipe