A smoked Gouda cheese ball is the perfect appetizer for holiday gatherings, a wine-and-cheese party, and game-day festivities. This easy cheese ball recipe is real crowd pleaser! Here’s how to make cheese balls in a snap!
Ingredients for Cheese Ball Recipe
These are the simple ingredients for making this smoked Gouda cheese ball recipe:
- Smoked gouda cheese
- Unsalted butter
- White Zinfandel or Chardonnay
- Sun-dried tomatoes
- Fresh basil
- Clove of garlic
- Slivered almonds
How to Make Cheese Balls
For making cheese balls I recommend a durable stand mixer or food processor. Today I’m using my handy Breville Sous Chef.
- Remove the cheese rind.
- Cut the cheese into 1/2-inch cubes.
- Place the squares into a food processor.
Cheese Ball Recipe
How to make cheese balls, step by step:
- Add in the butter, wine, sun-dried tomatoes, basil, and pressed garlic.
- Process the mixture for 25 seconds.
- With a rubber spatula, scrape down the bowl if needed.
Best Cheese Ball Recipe
- Continue blending until smooth (approximately 15 seconds more).
- Turn off the food processor and lift the lid.
- Transfer the cheese mixture to a board.
- With clean hands, gather it together and form it into a ball.
Savory Cheese Ball Recipe
- Roll the smoked Gouda cheese ball in slivered almonds.
- Gently press the almonds into place.
Smoked Gouda Cheese Ball
- Transfer the cheese ball to a serving tray.
- This cheese ball recipe can be served and enjoyed immediately!
Easy Cheese Ball Recipe
- If a firmer consistency is desired, refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
- Serve cheese ball with a variety of crackers and sliced apples.
- Recommended wine pairing: White Zinfandel, Chardonnay, or Pinot Noir.
Holiday Cheese Ball Recipe
Looking for a unique holiday appetizer? Try this festive CHRISTMAS TREE CHEESE BALL!
This savory cheese ball recipe is easy to make! Serve your smoked Gouda cheese ball with freshly-sliced red and green apples, and a variety of rustic crackers.
- 1 pound smoked Gouda cheese, rind removed
- 2 – 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup dry white wine*
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 1 – 1/2 tablespoons fresh basil, diced
- 1 small clove garlic, pressed
- 3/4 cup slivered almonds
- Add the cheese, butter, wine, sun-dried tomatoes, basil, and garlic to the bowl of a food processor or stand mixer. Blend ingredients until smooth. Do not over-process.
- Transfer to a cutting board. With clean hands, gather the mixture together. Form it into a ball.
- Roll cheese ball in slivered almonds. Lightly pat almonds into place.
- Serve immediately, or refrigerate for an hour or two for a firmer consistency.
I recommend White Zinfandel or Chardonnay. Another great choice: Pinot Noir.
CHEESE BALL RECIPE > JOIN THE CONVERSATION
What do you think about this easy cheese ball recipe? Would you enjoy serving a smoked Gouda cheese ball at your next party? Join the conversation in the comments below!