This savory cheese ball recipe is easy to make! Serve your smoked Gouda cheese ball with freshly-sliced red and green apples, and a variety of rustic crackers.
- 1 pound smoked Gouda cheese, rind removed
- 2 – 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup dry white wine*
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 1 – 1/2 tablespoons fresh basil, diced
- 1 small clove garlic, pressed
- 3/4 cup slivered almonds
- Add the cheese, butter, wine, sun-dried tomatoes, basil, and garlic to the bowl of a food processor or stand mixer. Blend ingredients until smooth. Do not over-process.
- Transfer to a cutting board. With clean hands, gather the mixture together. Form it into a ball.
- Roll cheese ball in slivered almonds. Lightly pat almonds into place.
- Serve immediately, or refrigerate for an hour or two for a firmer consistency.
I recommend White Zinfandel or Chardonnay. Another great choice: Pinot Noir.