You might be wondering, is there a secret for how to make chocolate chip cookies soft and chewy? Well, I’m so glad you asked – because YES there is!
- 2 sticks butter (1 cup), softened
- 1 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 + 1/4 cups flour
- 2 + 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Optional Garnish: Extra chocolate chips for hand-pressing into warm cookies
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, add the softened butter, dark brown sugar, granulated sugar, and vanilla. Cream these ingredients together using the paddle attachment. Add the two eggs and mix until incorporated.
- Add the cornstarch, baking soda, and sea salt. Mix just briefly! Add the flour and mix until incorporated. With a spatula, fold the chocolate chips into the cookie dough.
- With a cookie scoop, portion out the cookie dough onto three cookie sheets. Bake for 9-10 minutes or until the edges of the cookies (2/3 of the cookie) are lightly golden brown and the center of the cookies (1/3 of the cookie) are still pale and slightly undercooked. Immediately remove the cookies from the oven.
- While the cookies are still warm, hand press extra chocolate chips into the cookies. This will give your cookies a lovely bakery-style look. Allow the cookies to remain on the cookie sheets for 10-12 minutes to cool down. Carefully transfer the cookies to a cooling rack where they can finish cooling and solidifying.
- Enjoy your yummy, soft chocolate chip cookies!
- Category: Breakfast, Snack, Tea Time, Dessert
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: classic chocolate chip cookies, chocolate chip cookies, soft chocolate chip cookies