This spicy strawberry jalapeño Margarita is the perfect summertime drink. It has a hint of sweetness, a fresh fruity flavor, and a kick of spice from the jalapeño. It’s a delicious drink to serve with chips and guacamole.
📌 SPICY STRAWBERRY JALAPEÑO MARGARITA
🍓WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS EASY RECIPE
- It’s a cool refreshing cocktail that’s simple to make. Assemble this cantina-style drink in less than 5 minutes flat.
- Simple ingredients available at any market. If you enjoy tequila drinks, you might already have most of what’s needed on hand.
- It tickles your tastebuds with the ideal balance between sweet and spicy. This authentic Mexican cocktail is served at beach resorts and cantinas on the Pacific Coast of Mexico.
- A fantastic drink for hot summer days, Taco Tuesdays, Cinco de Mayo, and Happy Hour. Because it’s always 5 o’clock somewhere.
- You can make this drink more special with a splash of sparkling water.
- You can batch the cocktails in advance to serve a crowd. Tequila lovers will appreciate this tasty, spicy, strawberry jalapeño Margarita.
For Spicy Strawberry Jalapeño Margarita
- Fresh Strawberries: Add a fresh fruity flavor to the Margarita. And surprisingly, they pair really well with jalapeños! If you’re using ripe in-season strawberries, then 3 should be enough. If you’re using out-of-season strawberries, or your berries aren’t super flavorful, you may want to increase the number of berries to 5 to get a nice fruity flavor.
- Jalapeños: We love the hint of spice that jalapeño adds to the Margarita. For less spice, remove the seeds before muddling.
- Lime Juice: Adds a bright acidity to this spicy strawberry Margarita. Make sure to use freshly-squeezed juice from Mexican limes (the same as Key limes) as it really makes a difference.
- Blanco Tequila: Also called silver tequila. It’s an unaged spirit with a fresh agave flavor and notes of citrus, pepper and a touch of spice. Many cantinas in Mexico use it to assemble their strawberry jalapeño Margaritas. But this cocktail also tastes amazing when made with Mezcal. Feel free to mix things up and give it a try.
- Orange Liqueur: Contributes a bit of sweetness while enhancing the fruity flavor of the berries.
- Agave Nectar: Adds extra Mexican flavor and sweetness. If your berries are super ripe and sweet, you may not need any agave at all. If the berries aren’t super sweet, you may need up to 1 ounce of agave. Start by adding a little then taste – because you can always add more.
- Ice Cubes: Add classic chill for this fabulous on-the-rocks Margarita. It rounds out the drinking experience.
For Rimming the Glass
- Lime: For moistening the rim of the glass
- Margarita Salt: Is a great flavor pairing for Margaritas and lime. It amplifies the flavors of the cocktail. It brightens the tangy notes while enhancing the sweet.
- Tajin Clasico: Made in Jalisco, Mexico, this chili lime seasoning is mildly spicy with a bright citrus taste mingled with sea salt. It’s so delicious. Perfect for rimming the glass of a spicy strawberry jalapeño Margarita. At the supermarket, look for Tajin in the pantry aisle – with the dried herbs and spices. At a liquor store, it’s often in special packaging (just like the packaging for Margarita salt) more ideal for rimming glasses.
📖 RECIPE STEPS
- STEP 1: This spicy Margarita pairs perfectly with a salty-Tajin rim. In a small bowl, stir together Margarita salt and Tajin. Run a wedge of lime around the rim of the glass, then dip it into the chili salt. Set it aside.
- STEP 2: Add sliced strawberries and jalapeños to a cocktail shaker, or to a wide-mouth mason jar.
- STEP 3: Pour lemon juice into the cocktail shaker or jar.
- STEP 4: Muddle until the strawberries and jalapeños are broken up.
- STEP 5: Add tequila, orange liqueur, agave and a big scoop of ice. Shake vigorously for at least 60 seconds. We want to extract all of the juice from the strawberries and jalapeño.
- STEP 6: Strain into the prepared glass and add a few fresh ice cubes. Garnish with slices of strawberry and jalapeño. If desired, add a large strawberry to the salted rim of the glass. Enjoy.
👩🏻🍳 RECIPE FAQ
These are the most commonly-asked questions for making the BEST-tasting spicy strawberry jalapeño Margarita and helpful answers for recipe success.
It depends on preference. For the best complex flavor and a top-shelf taste – yes it does. But if you’re on a budget and you enjoy the taste of a cheaper tequila for drinking, then the quality of the tequila used for Margaritas doesn’t matter. But always use a tequila that is 100% agave.
They’re the same as Key limes from the Florida Keys. Small and round, they have smooth skins and more seeds than regular limes. Their juice is wonderfully tart and aromatic. They’re a prized ingredient for garnishing traditional Mexican dishes and flavorful Margaritas.
It’s a sweetened spirit with orange flavoring. The most well-known brands include Cointreau (straight up triple sec) and Grand Marnier (a blend of cognac and triple sec).
The use of high-quality liquor that’s recommended for the specific type of Margarita you’re making. The lime juice should be freshly-squeezed from Mexican limes (Key limes). For a strawberry jalapeño Margarita, the use of ripe strawberries and freshly-picked jalapeños.
Margaritas should always be served chilled. But if you’d prefer no fresh ice in the glass, add the ingredients to a cocktail shaker filled with ice cubes. Shake well. Then strain the Margarita into a salt-rimmed glass.
🍹 MORE DELICIOUS COCKTAILS
These resort-style cocktails are easy to make and very delicious. Add them to your recipe collection so you’ll have them at the ready. They’re ideal for enjoying on hot-weather days, and staycations at home around the pool.
RATE THIS RECIPE ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Flavor testers rated this the BEST spicy strawberry jalapeño Margarita. They loved the refreshing sweet/spicy taste of this well-balanced tequila drink. It reminded them of cocktails enjoyed while on vacation in Mexico.
If you agree this recipe’s a keeper, give it a 5-star rating in the comments. Then be a recipe hero. Share it with friends. 📌 Pin it to Pinterest.Print
Spicy Strawberry Jalapeño Margarita
- Total Time: 5 Minutes
- Yield: 1 Drink 1x
This spicy strawberry jalapeño Margarita is a cool and refreshing cantina-style cocktail. It has a fresh fruity flavor with a hint of sweetness and a kick of spice. The ideal drink for summer parties.
For Rimming the Glass
- Wedge of lime
- 2 tablespoons Margarita salt
- 1 tablespoon Tajin Clasico
For Spicy Strawberry Jalapeño Margarita
- 3 large strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1 fresh jalapeño, sliced (use 4 of the slices)
- 3 ounces freshly-squeezed lime juice, from Mexican limes*
- 4 ounces blanco tequila
- 2 ounces orange liqueur
- 1/2 ounce agave nectar, or to taste
For Garnishing the Cocktail
- 2 large strawberries, 1 whole and 1 sliced
- 1 jalapeño, sliced (use 2–3 of the slices)
RECIPE PREP: In a small bowl, stir together 2 tablespoons Margarita salt and 1 tablespoon Tajin Clasico. Run a wedge of lime around the rim of a glass, then dip it into the chili salt. Set the glass aside.
- Add 4 sliced strawberries, 4 slices jalapeño, and fresh lime juice to a cocktail shaker or a wide-mouth mason jar. Muddle until the strawberries and jalapeños are broken up.
- Add in the tequila, orange liqueur, agave nectar and a big scoop of ice. Shake vigorously for at least 60 seconds. We want to extract all of the juice from the strawberries and jalapeño.
- Strain the Margarita into the prepared glass, and add a few fresh ice cubes. Garnish the cocktail with sliced strawberries and 2 to 3 slices of fresh jalapeño. If desired, add a large strawberry to the salted rim of the glass. Enjoy.
*Mexican limes: They’re also called Key limes. They’re smaller and rounder than ordinary limes and have a smooth skin. Depending on how juicy the limes are, you can get about 1 1/2 tablespoons of juice from 1 key lime. For this recipe we need 6 tablespoons (3 ounces) lime juice – from about 4 limes.
- Prep Time: 5 Minutes
- Cook Time: 0 Minutes
- Category: Cocktails
- Method: Muddling, Shaking
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: Spicy Strawberry Jalapeño Margarita, Spicy Margarita, Strawberry Margarita, Strawberry Jalapeño Margarita
Strawberry Jalapeño Margarita 👉🏻 JOIN THE CONVO
Do you look forward to making this spicy Margarita with silver tequila and fresh ingredients? Share your thoughts on this cantina-style recipe below.