This spicy strawberry jalapeño Margarita is a cool and refreshing cantina-style cocktail. It has a fresh fruity flavor with a hint of sweetness and a kick of spice. The ideal drink for summer parties.
For Rimming the Glass
- Wedge of lime
- 2 tablespoons Margarita salt
- 1 tablespoon Tajin Clasico
For Spicy Strawberry Jalapeño Margarita
- 3 large strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1 fresh jalapeño, sliced (use 4 of the slices)
- 3 ounces freshly-squeezed lime juice, from Mexican limes*
- 4 ounces blanco tequila
- 2 ounces orange liqueur
- 1/2 ounce agave nectar, or to taste
For Garnishing the Cocktail
- 2 large strawberries, 1 whole and 1 sliced
- 1 jalapeño, sliced (use 2–3 of the slices)
RECIPE PREP: In a small bowl, stir together 2 tablespoons Margarita salt and 1 tablespoon Tajin Clasico. Run a wedge of lime around the rim of a glass, then dip it into the chili salt. Set the glass aside.
- Add 4 sliced strawberries, 4 slices jalapeño, and fresh lime juice to a cocktail shaker or a wide-mouth mason jar. Muddle until the strawberries and jalapeños are broken up.
- Add in the tequila, orange liqueur, agave nectar and a big scoop of ice. Shake vigorously for at least 60 seconds. We want to extract all of the juice from the strawberries and jalapeño.
- Strain the Margarita into the prepared glass, and add a few fresh ice cubes. Garnish the cocktail with sliced strawberries and 2 to 3 slices of fresh jalapeño. If desired, add a large strawberry to the salted rim of the glass. Enjoy.
*Mexican limes: They’re also called Key limes. They’re smaller and rounder than ordinary limes and have a smooth skin. Depending on how juicy the limes are, you can get about 1 1/2 tablespoons of juice from 1 key lime. For this recipe we need 6 tablespoons (3 ounces) lime juice – from about 4 limes.
- Prep Time: 5 Minutes
- Cook Time: 0 Minutes
- Category: Cocktails
- Method: Muddling, Shaking
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: Spicy Strawberry Jalapeño Margarita, Spicy Margarita, Strawberry Margarita, Strawberry Jalapeño Margarita