This beautiful spinach quiche with sun-dried tomatoes is delightfully savory and super scrumptious! What you’ll love most is that it’s made with fresh spinach and it’s quick and easy to make. As your quiche bakes in the oven your kitchen will be filled with fabulous mouthwatering scents that are absolutely heavenly. You’ll feel satisfied knowing that soon your family will be enjoying a homemade spinach quiche made with love. I’m over the moon happy to share my special recipe for spinach quiche with sun-dried tomatoes with you today!
Recipe Ingredients for Spinach Quiche with Sun-Dried Tomatoes
These are all the ingredients you’ll need to make this delicious and easy spinach quiche recipe: homemade quiche crust, eggs, heavy cream, sea salt, freshly ground black pepper, ground nutmeg, shredded cheddar cheese, shredded mozzarella cheese, butter, yellow onion, clove of garlic, and fresh spinach leaves.
How to Make Easy Spinach Quiche with Sun-Dried Tomatoes
Begin by preparing the quick and easy quiche crust from scratch. As your homemade crust chills in the freezer for 20 minutes, begin preparing the quiche filling. In a large saucepan, saute the onion, garlic, and fresh spinach in a tablespoon of butter. Once the spinach becomes wilted, remove the pan from heat.
Prepare the Basic Quiche Filling
In the bowl of a stand mixer, add the eggs, heavy cream, ground nutmeg, sea salt, and freshly-ground black pepper. Mix until all ingredients are well incorporated. You’ve just prepared the basic quiche filling! Now, fold in the cheddar cheese, mozzarella cheese, sun-dried tomatoes, and the spinach/onion mixture.
Slowly pour the filling into the chilled quiche crust that’s already within a quiche pan or dish.
Bake your spinach quiche with sun-dried tomatoes in a 350 degree oven for 45-55 minutes. I recommend tenting the quiche with foil to prevent the crust from burning. You can tell your quiche is done when the crust is a light-golden brown and the filling no longer jiggles when you move the quiche pan back and forth.
How to Serve Spinach Quiche with Sun-Dried Tomatoes
Allow your quiche to cool for 15 minutes or until you can touch the quiche pan without getting burned. I use a quiche pan with a removable bottom so that I can easily remove the spinach quiche from the pan and transfer it to a beautiful cake stand. Spinach quiche with sun-dried tomatoes makes a delightful meal when served with a fresh garden salad with tahini salad dressing.
Spinach quiche is a great choice for brunch, lunch or dinner. Because it’s beautiful and festive, it’s also perfect to serve at garden parties, baby showers, wedding showers, Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, and other special occasions.
This beautiful spinach quiche with sun-dried tomatoes is delightfully savory and super scrumptious! What you’ll love most is that it’s made with fresh spinach and it’s quick and easy to make.
- 1 purchased or homemade quiche crust (for an 11/12-inch quiche pan with fluted sides 1–2 inches high), unbaked and chilled
- 8 eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream (same as “heavy whipping cream”)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/3 cup yellow onion
- 1 clove garlic, pressed or minced
- 5 cups tightly-packed fresh spinach leaves, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, drained of oil and chopped
- Adjust your oven rack to the center position. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare the basic quiche filling: In the bowl of a stand mixer, add the eggs, heavy cream, sea salt, black pepper, and nutmeg. Mix until well blended. Set the bowl aside.
- In a large saucepan, saute the onion and garlic for about 30 seconds until they’re delightfully fragrant. Add the spinach leaves and saute until the spinach leaves are wilted. Remove the pan from heat.
- Retrieve the bowl of the stand mixer. Add the cheeses, sun-dried tomatoes, and spinach mixture to the basic quiche filling. Fold these ingredients into the mixture until everything is well incorporated.
- Slowly pour the filling into the chilled quiche crust that’s within the quiche pan or dish. Tent the quiche with a piece of foil to prevent the crust from over browning. Bake your spinach quiche for 45-55 minutes, or until the crust is a beautiful light-golden brown, and the filling does not jiggle when you tilt the pan back and forth.
- Allow the quiche to cool for 15 minutes before slicing and serving. If you used a quiche pan with a removable bottom, carefully slide the quiche out of the pan and transfer it to a cake plate. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Category: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Party
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American, French
Keywords: spinach and tomato quiche, sun-dried tomato quiche, spinach quiche recipe
SPINACH QUICHE WITH SUN-DRIED TOMATOES
Save this delicious SPINACH QUICHE recipe for later!
MORE RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE
SPAGHETTI AND MEAT SAUCE FROM SCRATCH
EASY HOMEMADE TAHINI SALAD DRESSING
Easy Spinach Quiche with Sun-Dried Tomatoes > Your Thoughts
What do you think about this easy spinach quiche recipe? Would you serve it for brunch or make it for a special occasion? I’d love to hear from you in the comments below!