This beautiful spinach quiche with sun-dried tomatoes is delightfully savory and super scrumptious! What you’ll love most is that it’s made with fresh spinach and it’s quick and easy to make.
- 1 purchased or homemade quiche crust (for an 11/12-inch quiche pan with fluted sides 1–2 inches high), unbaked and chilled
- 8 eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream (same as “heavy whipping cream”)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/3 cup yellow onion
- 1 clove garlic, pressed or minced
- 5 cups tightly-packed fresh spinach leaves, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, drained of oil and chopped
- Adjust your oven rack to the center position. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare the basic quiche filling: In the bowl of a stand mixer, add the eggs, heavy cream, sea salt, black pepper, and nutmeg. Mix until well blended. Set the bowl aside.
- In a large saucepan, saute the onion and garlic for about 30 seconds until they’re delightfully fragrant. Add the spinach leaves and saute until the spinach leaves are wilted. Remove the pan from heat.
- Retrieve the bowl of the stand mixer. Add the cheeses, sun-dried tomatoes, and spinach mixture to the basic quiche filling. Fold these ingredients into the mixture until everything is well incorporated.
- Slowly pour the filling into the chilled quiche crust that’s within the quiche pan or dish. Tent the quiche with a piece of foil to prevent the crust from over browning. Bake your spinach quiche for 45-55 minutes, or until the crust is a beautiful light-golden brown, and the filling does not jiggle when you tilt the pan back and forth.
- Allow the quiche to cool for 15 minutes before slicing and serving. If you used a quiche pan with a removable bottom, carefully slide the quiche out of the pan and transfer it to a cake plate. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Category: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Party
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American, French
Keywords: spinach and tomato quiche, sun-dried tomato quiche, spinach quiche recipe